So I want to better camera...

I am researching more and more and the more I research for what I want to do, there is not really a need to upgrade. They said that the D3000 is affordable because all of the menu controls are INSIDE the camera function, meaning there is not a turn dial on the outside for AF-s or Af-C or the focus points.... you have to dig in the menu to change them. well I don't care about digging in the menu. lol

I'm starting to think I'm going backwards, like I just figured out how to edit raw images, I just realized what focus and recompose means.... I have too much to learn to worry about learning a new camera.

I just realized what focus and recompose means....

Now here's a good point. I said the AF points on the D60 were too big. By that I mean that when I quickly try to focus and recompose, I'm never 100% sure what I just focused on.

When I focus on the eye, I want to focus on the eye, not the tip of the nose. This is a technical limitation. It also forces me to AF to close and MF the rest of the way. Which isn't a bad thing to know how to do, I suppose.

I've also read many articles that say the D300s is out soon as well. And the D3. Point is, these manufacturers keep this stuff quiet until they are ready for us to know... I have nearly pulled my hair out over whether or not I should go ahead and snag a new body now, or wait for the replacements to come out, whenever that may be.

Most reactions

Back