What's new

So I went to my first car show last weekend...

TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
562
Reaction score
32
Location
Ottawa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are some final results. I posted 3 on here, but there are 10 in my set on Flickr.

6876494314_ab36bf9e77_b.jpg


7022578513_b229c4e290_b.jpg


6876475944_01db4503f7_b.jpg

Other pictures can be found in the set on Flickr. Please feel free to C&C any of them.
 
Last edited:
Anyone?
 
Sweet cars!

I love R8s, but I don't really care for a picture of the gas cap, you know what I mean?

I think the Porsche picture would look better if the 4GTS was at the top right intersection of the 9 square, in order to follow the rule of 3rds a little more closely.

You're missing part of the Lambo, and the sign in the background is distracting. This one also looks a bit blurry. I know you can't help it because of the other cars and such around, and that is why I rarely shoot car shows. It's really hard to generate usable material in such a densely packed area.

Hope this helps!
 
Last edited:
sorry, really dont want to be rude but I dont like any of them. here is where try to soften the blow part comes in where I try to explain why instead of just leaving it with a negative comment.

The subjects you used were all beautiful exotic cars, yet the pictures are boring. I think what "juice" above was trying to say was, the R8 is a sexy sexy car and a gas cap, regardless if it is wrapped in carbon fiber or 24K gold is not exciting. If you had several pictures of the R8 and that happened to be one of them, then ok. But for 1 single shot to display as the R8....doesn't really show anything off. as for The carrera, I wish there was more in the picture. like if you were to have used a wide angle lens to be able to focus on the badge but still brought in some of the sexiness this car has to offer. (maybe you dont have several lenses to chose from though. (I dont make enough money to have that option so it makes sense if it was just a lack of lens options. Something about the 3rd picture that I dont like, but I cant figure out what it is. Might be that it simply cut off the left side of the car or maybe its a tad dark? I dont know, just doesn't "speak" to me. really not trying to be mean about it at all, in fact let me clarify that right now....not trying to be mean about it....lol

Its easy to critique, another to be able to do. Keep on keeping on!
 
I kind of like the sensual,sleek, graphical quality of the R8 photo. THe other two don't do a lot for me. Were there no hot models in short mini-dresses??? I mean, what's up with all these CAR photos dude???
 
Derrel said:
I kind of like the sensual,sleek, graphical quality of the R8 photo. THe other two don't do a lot for me. Were there no hot models in short mini-dresses??? I mean, what's up with all these CAR photos dude???

There were literally no models. I live in Ottawa, and this was just a show for people to sit in nice cars and be roped off from other cars. I was disappointed, but we also have not had a car show like this in four years, so At this point, all I want is cars.
 
Juice said:
Sweet cars!

I love R8s, but I don't really care for a picture of the gas cap, you know what I mean?

I think the Porsche picture would look better if the 4GTS was at the top right intersection of the 9 square, in order to follow the rule of 3rds a little more closely.

You're missing part of the Lambo, and the sign in the background is distracting. This one also looks a bit blurry. I know you can't help it because of the other cars and such around, and that is why I rarely shoot car shows. It's really hard to generate usable material in such a densely packed area.

Hope this helps!

I wish I could do something about the Lambo, but the event decided to put 3 Lambos, 2 lotuses, and a Ferrari all in the same tiny room, and rope off the cars. It's a Ferrari 430 in the bottom right corner of the Lambo picture.

I have another picture of the R8 that I could upload tomorrow that you may or may not like. It was also roped off, so you couldn't really get a nice looking picture of the car.

Thank you for your feedback, though :)
 
Mygixxer said:
sorry, really dont want to be rude but I dont like any of them. here is where try to soften the blow part comes in where I try to explain why instead of just leaving it with a negative comment.

The subjects you used were all beautiful exotic cars, yet the pictures are boring. I think what "juice" above was trying to say was, the R8 is a sexy sexy car and a gas cap, regardless if it is wrapped in carbon fiber or 24K gold is not exciting. If you had several pictures of the R8 and that happened to be one of them, then ok. But for 1 single shot to display as the R8....doesn't really show anything off. as for The carrera, I wish there was more in the picture. like if you were to have used a wide angle lens to be able to focus on the badge but still brought in some of the sexiness this car has to offer. (maybe you dont have several lenses to chose from though. (I dont make enough money to have that option so it makes sense if it was just a lack of lens options. Something about the 3rd picture that I dont like, but I cant figure out what it is. Might be that it simply cut off the left side of the car or maybe its a tad dark? I dont know, just doesn't "speak" to me. really not trying to be mean about it at all, in fact let me clarify that right now....not trying to be mean about it....lol

Its easy to critique, another to be able to do. Keep on keeping on!

Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely keep that information in mind when I go to my next auto show. I wish I could go back and change some things now, but that's one thing I learnt about photography -- make sure the picture is perfect because there's rarely a second chance.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom