What's new

So, I won tickets to...

altitude604

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
720
Reaction score
5
Location
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NFLD, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Collective Soul playing here in Kamloops on Thursday.

Now, I've never taken pics at a Concert before so I figure I'll give it a shot. Might as well immortalize the moment as I never win ANYTHING. lol

But alas, I'm still new to photography so I don't own any 2.8 lenses or external flashes just yet.

What sort of tips would you folks recommend to me?

I've got a Rebel XSi w/ the kit 18-55 IS and a 55-250 IS as well.

(Won the tickets from the Band off of Twitter... yeah, I was shocked too!)
 
Might wanna check with the venue to see if they'll allow you to take pictures there without any press credentials before you show up with all your gear and get told no.
 
Well the Band said they don't care if I take pictures.

I'm going to talk to the venue this week. It's not like I've got big pieces of L glass and a 1D etc.
 
No harm in trying though. If you have written permission from the band, forward that off to the venue people you can contacting.

If they say no, well, its up to you if you want to try to or not. If you do try, I would suggest making your camera as small as possible. Have a non-descript pouch you can easily take the camera in and out of. Don't bring the 55-250 as it will draw more attention (unfortunatly, it might also be a better lens over the kit lens to get some nice closer in shots). Use the smaller lens you have.

I've sometimes gotten away with only have a 50mm prime on my XSI (I sometimes haven't) but rarely do I get away with any type of bigger zoom.
 
Normally to shoot more well known bands like that you have to either be working for a publication and get passes that way or contact the management and get passes from them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom