So I'm off on holiday

Hyperion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well.... not today. I leave 2 weeks tomorrow (Saturday... not that im counting down). It's going to be quite a big trip, 3 weeks, starting in Paris, travelling up to Amsterdam and then down the France/Germany/Switzerland border to the Nice area. I can't wait and am really looking forward to it.

Does anybody have any ideas of where to go that are must see that are maybe not in the guide books? How about any tips on shooting whilst travelling?

Thanks in advance :D

Can't say I've been to France, so I can't offer you a whole lot of advice there besides HAVE FUN. The ultimate time of year for going to Europe is either the spring or the fall, none of this summer business, so you should be primed for both semi-decent weather as well as fantastic scenery...enjoy

Wow, that sounds like a great trip. :thumbup: I can't offer any particular tips either, except on shooting, and that would be - shoot a LOT. :lol:

Hope you have a wonderful time and bring back plenty of pics to show us!

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have no doubt that I will be shooting a lot..... probably enough to annoy everybody that I am with :lol: . I am also planning on taking a lap op along so that I can transfer the images directly to CD. I just have images of me sitting at the computer for months after I get back adjusting everything in Photoshop. It's a good thing winter is getting closer :confused:

Hyperion said:
It's a good thing winter is getting closer :confused:
Bite your tongue!! (The Ex has started in Toronto, so the beginning of the end of summer has started.)

Sounds like an awesome trip. There are so many quaint little towns along the route you describe...just ask locals etc and I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions.

When you travel along the French/German/Swiss border, make sure to check out some of the old towns in Alsace. They are said to be extra pretty and they have some wonderful churches. Unfortunately, the only town I have been to (and for the last time some 30 years ago) is Strasbourg...

I will suggest not driving on motorways all the time.. simply because small villages in France and Germany and Switzerland are beautiful and worth seeing. Even if you drive through them without stoppning you will never regret it...

LaFoto said:
When you travel along the French/German/Swiss border, make sure to check out some of the old towns in Alsace. They are said to be extra pretty and they have some wonderful churches. Unfortunately, the only town I have been to (and for the last time some 30 years ago) is Strasbourg...

I know we drive through Strasbourg and possibly stay there for a night.

mentos_007 said:
I will suggest not driving on motorways all the time.. simply because small villages in France and Germany and Switzerland are beautiful and worth seeing. Even if you drive through them without stoppning you will never regret it...

I have taken a quick look at the maps we were given and alot of it seems to be on the motorway. However, most of the time we are only in the car for a couple of hours between destinations so I am hoping we can get off the motorway and find our way along the minor roads...... as long as I dont end up getting lost somewhere.

Most reactions

Back