So much for the "No Pros use Sony" argument :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the seashore this week, and there were a LOT of photography enthusiasts there!!!! I actually saw a woman with what she called, "Her new baby!"...and it was....a Sony!!! I saw Nikon D800, Nikon D300, Canon 5D, 5D-II, Canon 60D, Canon 1D II-n, and Mamiya AFD 645 shooting film, and--a mid-level Sony. The weather was exceptionally beautiful for late December (the 30th), and there were TONS of people shooting pics. The most popular phone was...the iPhone. Which was also the MOST-popular camera. I volunteered to take pics for multiple groups...every single person handed me his or her...iPhone 4, 4s, or 5...not one ANdroid, not one non-iPhone...one lady handed me a tiny red Nikon CoolPix, another 20-something lady handed me a Nikon CoolPix 7000. Compact cameras were almost non-existant.

DiskoJoe said:
The a900 is a nice motor. My buddies at the Houston Press all upgraded to the a99 for their concert work. So far they have said its pretty nice.

Pretty nice does not sound that good

Oh hush. You know what I mean.

skieur said:
Sure they do. The full frame A99.

skieur

Great post skieur! 10/10. Would read again. If only for the lulz it produces.

Derrel said:
I went to the seashore this week, and there were a LOT of photography enthusiasts there!!!! I actually saw a woman with what she called, "Her new baby!"...and it was....a Sony!!! I saw Nikon D800, Nikon D300, Canon 5D, 5D-II, Canon 60D, Canon 1D II-n, and Mamiya AFD 645 shooting film, and--a mid-level Sony. The weather was exceptionally beautiful for late December (the 30th), and there were TONS of people shooting pics. The most popular phone was...the iPhone. Which was also the MOST-popular camera. I volunteered to take pics for multiple groups...every single person handed me his or her...iPhone 4, 4s, or 5...not one ANdroid, not one non-iPhone...one lady handed me a tiny red Nikon CoolPix, another 20-something lady handed me a Nikon CoolPix 7000. Compact cameras were almost non-existant.

Cool story bro! lol

rexbobcat said:
But at what size did they print? Lol.

The camera in the 4S is awesome, but the absolute resolution (not the amount of MP) is not really all that incredible when it comes to fine details.

What size? It's 8.5 x 11 print.
Do you have another question? :)

really Skieur? Did National Geographic buy that blurry spider picture you posted back when you were posting stuff?

Does the Dog River community center photo competition award cash prizes? I bet Lacy gave you a run for your $10 prize!

I bought my first full frame Sony from a full time pro that is a freelance. I have been published and have pictures in Galleries although photography isn't my source of income. I have used Olympus, Leica, Sony, Canon and Nikon. I have been published with a picture I took with a Canonet QL-17. Most pros I know are not fanboys and have no set one system they use. I know customers could care less and seldom know what the pictures were shot with. I have never lost a job over what camera I used. To a pro a camera is more like a tool than a toy like for some people. So price is the biggest factor. At one time in my hometown the biggest and best studio in town used an Olympus E1. The pro that does most of the school pictures here uses a Fuji.
I also know a pro who runs a studio and makes a good living at it, bought a 5D mark III and sent it back because they didn't understand why some of the lenses from their 7D wouldn't work on the 5D. They didn't know about crop factors and different size sensors. They were sending the 5D back and getting the 6D. I tried to explain that they would have the same problem with the 6D and it still didn't sink in.
Being a pro doesn't mean anything. Just that you sell pictures for a living. Pros are no smarter than anyone else I know shooting. The absolute best photographers I know have never been published. Pro means nothing.

Last edited:
I'd switch to Sony .. if they sponsored me to do so that is. Pay me and supply me with all the toys I need to complete my work and I'll shoot with a JC Penny camera. Ok that was taking it a bit far. :)

really Skieur? Did National Geographic buy that blurry spider picture you posted back when you were posting stuff?

Does the Dog River community center photo competition award cash prizes? I bet Lacy gave you a run for your $10 prize!

Your posts demonstrate that you are really "out to lunch". National Geographic is American, not Canadian...just so you know.:lmao:

By the way WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS IN YOUR GALLERY???

Last edited:
I don't post images to this gallery. I do have a flickr with about 400 images currently uploaded. I also have about that many slides in storage, and probably twice as many negatives. I know it's not a huge catalog, but I'm not going on like Don Juan Photographer, either,

You mean way back in 2012 when I was posting stuff?......and you called me a liar!!! You keep making things up!:whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back