What's new

So Much Power in the Sky

Soto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
Carolina, P.R.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys...

I was in my house when I saw there was some lighting just in front of my house and could not resist to get a shot... Too bad that big light pole was in the way...

lighting.jpg
 
neat photo. It is a shame for the light post. I do however really enjoy whatever PP you did on this photo.
 
If the lamp had been swung the other way around, I think it would've been brilliant, like the lightning bolts eminating from it.

Great looking sky and the colors on the house are really nice. I'd just throw a (fireproof) blanket over that bright light on the ground next time. :lol:
 
Even so I love it. The lamp may be in the way of the lightning, but it may be a better photo for it, hard to say without seeing the alternative.
 
Nicely captured. What settings did you use? I've been having some fun with the recent storms here in Toronto and I've yet to find perfection.
 
neat photo. It is a shame for the light post. I do however really enjoy whatever PP you did on this photo.

Thanks... I just worked with bright and contrast...
 
Nicely captured. What settings did you use? I've been having some fun with the recent storms here in Toronto and I've yet to find perfection.

I used a 2.8 lens and the setting was... ISO100, f/8 and speed in bulb. The rest is lots of patience...
 
My camera doesn't go as low as 100 ISO, it's a 200 - HI1, and 200 with a long shutter or bulb mode usually reults in too much light. I'll keep trying anyway. Maybe I should invest in some kind of light reducing filter...
 
I think the lightning is fine considering it is the backdrop of the pictures.It would be different if the pole was blocking something on the ground. But in your picture I don't see any problem.
 
My camera doesn't go as low as 100 ISO, it's a 200 - HI1, and 200 with a long shutter or bulb mode usually reults in too much light. I'll keep trying anyway. Maybe I should invest in some kind of light reducing filter...

Which camera do you have?
 
I think the lightning is fine considering it is the backdrop of the pictures.It would be different if the pole was blocking something on the ground. But in your picture I don't see any problem.

Yes... I think you're right. I shouldn't worry too much for the pole in the middle.
 
I'm using a Nikon D40 with 18-55 and 55-200 mm AF-S lenses. It's actually my first DSLR camera, I've had it over a year now and have very few complaints with it.

I'm beginning to learn with these storms though, that an ISO of 200+ is a little restricting at times, and that remote mode isn't the most reliable when you want fast action shots, LOL.
 
I'm using a Nikon D40 with 18-55 and 55-200 mm AF-S lenses. It's actually my first DSLR camera, I've had it over a year now and have very few complaints with it.

I'm beginning to learn with these storms though, that an ISO of 200+ is a little restricting at times, and that remote mode isn't the most reliable when you want fast action shots, LOL.

Well in this case you can use an aperture of 8 or 11... using the speed in bulb. This will give you more control.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom