So, my first attempt at HDR.

reissigree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two images of my house that I attempted HDR on. I took three pictures; one underexposed, one exposed correctly, and one overexposed. Then I combined them together with Photomatix Pro. I know it's not the most interesting subject, but I was anxious to try it out haha. Let me know what you guys think.

009And2more_tonemapped by reissigree, on Flickr

005_6_7_fused by reissigree, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think the first one worked well. The second one-not so much. The sky still has funky blow outs and the house is underexposed.

Then again I SUCK at HDR, so they are far better than anything I'd produce! LOL!

My guess at the issue with the second one is the camera underexposed all of the frames to begin with.

I think the first one worked well. The second one-not so much. The sky still has funky blow outs and the house is underexposed.
Thank you sir, I'll probably redo the latter and repost!

Well, if you were attempting to create a natural appearing image, the first one nailed it. :)

I think the sky in the first one is way over exposed, did you get any exposures for the sky? They're pretty good for first tries.

Hmm in the first one the house is under exposed and the sky is over exposed. I would try it again with more then three pictures :)

I don't think you nailed #1, and agree with MissCream's assessment.

What metering mode did you use to decide how much under, and overexposure, the scene needed, and what parts of the scene did you meter?

neither are great images for hdr.

Ehh...Honestly, neither of these are good examples of HDR. Like cream said, next time try it by getting 5 or maybe 7 exposures..depending on the contrast range of what you are trying to shoot. Also, meter both the highlights and the shadows.

I don't think you nailed #1, and agree with MissCream's assessment.What metering mode did you use to decide how much under, and overexposure, the scene needed, and what parts of the scene did you meter?
I just used differnt shutter speeds.

Most reactions

Back