SO SO SO Happy ... Wonderful Camera my new Nikon 7100

getting there...watching videos now on the camera ...so many little things and buttons.. make the difference.. I love this camera.:wink:

If your little lassies or MR Crash are running around, then you can pump up that iso to raise your shutter speeds to prevent their limbs or bodies from being blurry.
I will do that.. also have horses and another dog.. fish and another parrot and parakeets.. bunny, chickens.. mini farm.. lots of subjects.. :wink:
yA1YyxO.gif

Any hamsters, gerbils or genuine pigs by any chance?

If your little lassies or MR Crash are running around, then you can pump up that iso to raise your shutter speeds to prevent their limbs or bodies from being blurry.
I will do that.. also have horses and another dog.. fish and another parrot and parakeets.. bunny, chickens.. mini farm.. lots of subjects.. :wink:
yA1YyxO.gif

Any hamsters, gerbils or genuine pigs by any chance?

I had hamsters growing up.. and a pig later.. and a goat.. and even a bull that I saved as a baby going for veal.. he lived 12 years.. but no hamsters at the moment..funny to me that hamsters were like my first collies.. same markings.. maybe that's why I love collies..:wink:

And so the quest is over, you got your baby and all is well.

Today the D7100 is in my eyes the best crop sensor camera in the market and the price of this jewel is very reasonable, it will serve you well for years to come.

So congrats on your new camera :)

And so the quest is over, you got your baby and all is well.

Today the D7100 is in my eyes the best crop sensor camera in the market and the price of this jewel is very reasonable, it will serve you well for years to come.

So congrats on your new camera :)
thanks Goodguy I appreciate it........

You will have fun with the fish. I did. I got to play around /practice with thr focus points, ISO and aperture all at the same time, while manual focusing during video becaus the focus and sounds were smoother when doing it manual. Also got better reliable focus for longer periods of time on the moving fish doing it manual. I did a comparison and the auto focus was worse, when relying on that versus doing it myself. But who would have thought something like fish could make for good practice in both pictures and video . I have a 90 gallon tank so there is more room for them to swim (and giving me more time I guess ?) . So Im sure practicing on fish may not be as fun if its a goldfish bowl though. Just thought Id share that with you .

You will have fun with the fish. I did. I got to play around /practice with thr focus points, ISO and aperture all at the same time, while manual focusing during video becaus the focus and sounds were smoother when doing it manual. Also got better reliable focus for longer periods of time on the moving fish doing it manual. I did a comparison and the auto focus was worse, when relying on that versus doing it myself. But who would have thought something like fish could make for good practice in both pictures and video . I have a 90 gallon tank so there is more room for them to swim (and giving me more time I guess ?) . So Im sure practicing on fish may not be as fun if its a goldfish bowl though. Just thought Id share that with you .
I practiced a lot with my Nikon D5000 and I have many tanks of fish to photograph...... your so right.. if you can focus and shoot fish and get a clear crisp photo you have the ability to take really good pictures of normal moving objects etc.. fish are unpredictable and your taking the photo through glass in unusally poor lighting.. yes I will have fun taking fish pics.. with my new camera.. I have a lot to learn and it is so much fun.........thanks especially for the tips.. I will try them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back