so what do you think about the new Nikon SB-910

rrh_hirst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered a new Nikon SB-910 and wanted to know what everyone thought about it and if anybody had any new tips/ tricks. Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

so what do you think about the new Nikon SB-910
I think $550 (or more) is a lot of money for a single hot shoe flash unit.

You'll get the most consistant strobed light results by using the SB-910 and your camera in their manual modes, so paying for all the iTTL and other auto stuff doesn't make a lot of sense.

For $550 you could get:..........:

Two of these kits - Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit

Two of these kits - StudioHut 4 channel Wireless Radio Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Kit for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax Flashes with 2 Receivers

And 4 of these flash units Yongnuo YN-560 Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd have to agree the price is tough to swallow. But what is peace of mind worth? I've been battling with the purchase of an off brand flash (bower, vivatar, sunpak, and now the ones mentioned here) for months. The low price is soo compelling but I hate buying gear with the mind set of "if it breaks so what?" I'm looking for that happy medium of price and reliability

I'm happy with my SB-800's and don't plan on upgrading until they fall apart.

As far as paying extra for TTL...well, TTL is worth it, especially if you know how to use it. Shooting manual flash would be almost impossible in a lot of the conditions I shoot in. At a reception, where you are bouncing flash with constantly changing distances, I don't think I could be nearly as effective constantly trying to calculate manual changes to a flash as a couple is moving towards and away from me on the dance floor. It's silly to even contemplate.

For me, TTL that works seamlessly and accurately on my hot shoe is an essential function of a hot shoe mounted flash, and yes, I am willing to pay for that function. Just, IMO, the SB800's do a great job and they are a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

Most reactions

Back