so, what kind of car do you drive?

graigdavis said:
karissa said:
graigdavis said:
Im actualy December in Jeepforums Cherokee callendar for this year. You can all call me Mr December :D

So uh.. are you going to be Mr December on the TPF calendar? :drool: 8)

My Jeep or me? :D

While your jeep is kinda sexy... I'm sure it's owner is a little more appealing. :wink:

terri said:
An '03 Turbo VW Bug..... :love: Awesome sound system, sunroof, me & my baby fly! Complete with flower in the dash. We old hippies die hard, ya know. :mrgreen:

8) cooooooool
I got a bus - a 1972 bay window VW type 2 - and a load of cool stuff in/on it including a new fast fast engine built by me and my mate.
It's a bit scrappy but it's undergoing a bit of a resto and should be repainted and with air suspension too in the next few months :D
side1.jpg

pics taken a few months apart hence the different wheels :D
side2.jpg

and i've got a scooter/moped too for when it's sunny :wink:
scoot.jpg

2000 Nissan Xterra 4x4, of yellow color. Used to drive a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport but that vintage had a lot of problems (leaking) so I ended up trading it in. I still miss it though!

karissa said:
graigdavis said:
karissa said:
graigdavis said:
Im actualy December in Jeepforums Cherokee callendar for this year. You can all call me Mr December :D

So uh.. are you going to be Mr December on the TPF calendar? :drool: 8)

My Jeep or me? :D

While your jeep is kinda sexy... I'm sure it's owner is a little more appealing. :wink:

:blulsh2: :eyebrows:

2002 Saturn SC1 (Boring) :cry:
1996 Ford F150 (Much better, except for gas mileage) :shock:

Shark said:
'03 Nissan Murano, sunlit copper. I was very leery of that continuously variable transmission at first, but now I love it. Great power, good mileage.

I think that transmission is pretty cool. it makes a lot of sense to always be in the 'perfect' gear. gota be expensive to fix if it breaks though...

I got a bus - a 1972 bay window VW type 2 - and a load of cool stuff in/on it including a new fast fast engine built by me and my mate.

I love that van, Cap'n! :D

graigdavis said:
now that is a beautifull thing. :drool:
:D

It's a 440 from a '74 Police Fury. I built it for torque, since I was only running 3.23's in the rear. It didn't rev very high, but man did it ever pull in the low end. I could peg the speedometer and still have pedal travel left. When I pushed it down all the way, it would still push you back in the seat even at that speed.

It didn't compare to the 440 in the Road Runner however, with it's .5" lift cam, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, etc. That baby had lots o' goodies on her. The line-locks were fun. :twisted:

A friend of mine currently has a '70 GTX 440 Six-Pack he restored.

BTW, for you young'ins, a 440cid is a 7.2 liter.

The pic of Bob's drive was from one of the two "Burn-out Parties" we had at his parents' place. They went out of town, so we all brought our cars over and abused the asphalt for a day, then the next day we sealed the driveway to disguise what we did. The first one was such a success, we did another one three years later. The neighbors accross the street were having an open house that day. Heh. Oops.

The sealant didn't cover everything, but luckily his parents didn't say anything. The sealant was crappy enough on the first one that they didn't even notice that it had been sealed. (He told them it was a gift when we got better sealant for the second party.) His mom found the video just before Bob moved out and told him, "Don't you ever let your father see this tape..." There are still these short tenches dug into the driveway from the first event when I pulled off one particularly sweet brake-stand in the Coronet

bobs_driveway_770x530.jpg

The picture doesn't show the true extent of the damage.

graigdavis said:
Shark said:
'03 Nissan Murano, sunlit copper. I was very leery of that continuously variable transmission at first, but now I love it. Great power, good mileage.

I think that transmission is pretty cool. it makes a lot of sense to always be in the 'perfect' gear. gota be expensive to fix if it breaks though...

Yup, I always shy away from stuff like that--CVTs, rotary engines, etc. If it hasn't been used and tested for a couple decades on just about every car in existance, I don't want it breaking on my car. I've been nothing but pleased with it so far though. It's kind of freaky getting used to at first. Even that subtle shift of an automatic trans is still noticeable, but this car is just vrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRROOOOM right up the spedometer.

It's AWESOME for mileage though. I traded out of an 01 Ford Explorer Sport that got about 11mpg when it was running good (13 times in the shop in the first year!), and the Murano gets 21+ on the highway, cruising at 75 the whole time. It actually gets better mileage at 75 on the highway than it does at 65. :shock: :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back