• Total voters

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Food seems to be a hot topic in the off topic area, so i am just curious what everyone's diet is like.

Mine is mostly cattle, poultry and fish. Can't help it, i tried being vegan during my uni days because of the girlfriend, but that made me sick. Oh the things you would do for lust.. er love i mean.

I've tried to eat pretty balanced meals, but i noticed that I always felt healthier eating a diet of primarly meats, i am beginning think it could be a genetic predispostion.

Its not that i won't eat me veggies, i just don't like them all the time like the 'well balanced diet pyramids' you see at school or at the doc's office. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks those are rigged by corporate farmers and the such :D

Kinda balanced. I sure enjoy meat more than the fillers I must say. Usually don't eat enough vegetables. I do need to eat better, my digestive tract is begging me

Who has time to eat?

Im very bad at the moment. My work day doesnt give me a lot of time for eating. I think 4 days this week including today I havent eaten till about 530pm.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

And then its mainly fruit, bread, salad and some kind of meat for dinner or pasta.
i am a chocoholic and eat it maybe once a week. I also am addicted to Diet Coke. :oops:

Manda! You must be SKINNY, SKINNY, SKINNY!
I'd DIE on a diet like yours!

But with age I had put on too much so decided to work on it and have actively switched a lever in my head that has led me back to the more balanced diets, lots of salads, fruit, veggies - and hey! It's easy for me, I like them.

Which does not mean that I don't like a nice piece of meat (or fish, yumm! FISH!) go with my dinner.

In Germany, by the way, the cooked meal traditionally is eaten at noon, so we only have a very light supper before we go to bed, which I think is good.

Im far from skinny LAFoto
My arse rivals J Los for size(not perkiness) and it wouldnt matter if i never ate again, I shall never be a skinny girl.

I have a terrible diet. I ate chocolate before. :oops:

The German way is ideal!

before i met the hubby, i ate grilled chicken about 6 days a week :D no sides, just chicken.

but the hubby is a "beef eater" :lol: and we have it now about 3 days a week and chicken on the other days ... he also loves pasta dishes (i like to buy the whole wheat pasta .. it took him a while to get used to it)

i've always eaten beef, usually about once a month .. it just doesn't taste so good :? .... chicken rules!!!! :headbang:

oh manda, i love diet coke as well :D ... the hubby likes to buy this orange soda :roll:

eating healthy has never been my concern .. eating low-fat, low carb, high protein and staying slim is my only concern :p

If I'm not cooking a *real meal* that is going to be complemented by a good wine, I don't really care if I eat. It's not unusual for me to just snack through the evening on dry cereal out of a cup, then have some raisins or something and call it good. My hubby thinks I'm a freak, but I just don't feel hungry very often. :shock:

But I love everything: red meat, chicken, fish, pasta, most veggies and tons of salad. yum! I like growing my own tomatoes and herbs during the summer - it's the best!

Oh, and I can't really even remember the last time I had a coke, 7-Up or anything like that. I carry bottled water everywhere, love my coffee and wine, and juice sometimes. :D

I love beverages. I drink my share of coke, water, coffee, milk, masala chai, green tea.

If anyone here likes chai but has only had the stuff you get from the store or from starbucks I will post my recipe.

Please do, voodoo! I love chai...

I really need two voting options, because I am a vegetarian, but I eat a lot of junk food. :? :( I think I've gained like 10 pounds in the last two months, I really gotta get moving...

I cook for myself mostly but it all revolves around which meat is on sale...I'm so cheap!

It does take about 20 minutes to prepare but you can always make more than you need and then mix it with the milk when you want to drink it.

The first time I made Masala I used regular bottled spices that were in the house. Even that was 10x's better than the best bottled chai I've had. Then I got fresh ingredients and shizam!

You'll need a mortar and pestle to ground the ingredients. If you don't have one, get one. They are cheap and also serve as a nice kitchen decoration. Kind of like "look at me, I grind my own spices"

There is no perfect balance of ingredients that suits everyone. This is the base recipe and I don't use any measuring tools. You may find you like more of one spice over another.

In the mortar and pestle grind up:

1 Tablespoon Cardamom
2 teaspoons of Clove
1/2 Teaspoon fresh Ginger
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg

not ground:
1" stick of Cinnamon
sugar or honey

Put all the ingredients into 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Cover and keep on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.

Then add 3 teaspoons of loose leaf black tea and remove from heat. Taj Majal black tea works great. Add 2 Tablespoons of sugar (or you can use honey) and stir it up. Cover it up and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Strain. You know have the "concentrate" and all that is left is the milk. The ratio is about 1:1 I use whole milk but half and half is supposed to be even tastier. So fill half the cup with the Chai and half with milk and heat it up. If you have a steam wand that will give you better results than the microwave.

Voo, you are so cool. :D This sounds awesome!

I do like loose leaf teas, and I forgot about my little espresso/capuccino machine, since I don't use it a lot, but it makes a great brew. Yummy hot drinks are a must in the winter! :thumbsup:

Yo,
I am on of those goshdarn vegans. I was raw for a few months . . . good times good times!
I was a VERY healthy vegan until I moved back into my parents. Now I am one those unheathy carb-fiending vegans. ;)
Me, the Flea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back