Crocuses here have been blooming for more than ten days:
Bleep the Bleepin' Groundhog
Mother Nature isn't confused:
Planting Zones Moving North - Conservation in a Changing Climate
I moved to St. Louis about 40 years ago and got involved in gardening shortly thereafter. I had to learn about the limits of climate hardiness in this region. Eg. a popular garden flower that many of us plant here is Cannas -- I have two big beds of them. 40 years ago Cannas left in the ground over winter died and we knew we had to dig up the rhizomes and bring then inside every Fall -- standard practice. I haven't dug up a Canna in 5 years now. I just open up a straw bail over them and bury them in two feet of straw or leaves. They'll be putting up new shoots real soon. If this were 1980 they'd all be dead right now.
As a grandparent and understanding the implications of that I am terrified.