So whos getting the NEW Nikon D3S?

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At only $200 more than a D3, is there any reason not to get a D3S over the D3 with the higher ISO and video capabilities?

saving $200?
Right, but I think the video and improved ISO is worth more than $200.00 I would gladly pay $200.00 to boost my iso capabilities on my current camera if I could.

I imagine they are phasing out the D3 and using the D3s as a full replacement. It probably wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to not drop the additional $200 when your already dropping so much on a body.

Does this mean the price of the D3 will drop a good bit in the next few months (or after the holiday season)?

Mark

I imagine the used market will probably see a decent drop in price. But, considering how similar the D3 and the D3S are, performance-wise, that might actually be questionable. There will probably be some discounts to get the D3 off the shelf, but it's still such a coveted camera that it will still remain pretty high.

I do know that the price of a used 1Dmk3 dropped by about almost a grand with the announcement of the mk4, but the D3 hasn't dropped by much yet. On another note, the D2X dropped by almost a grand as well.

I'm probably going to wait until August and see if the D4 is officially announced. If it's not announced by end of August I'll probably get a D3s then.

Or.... the day it becomes available.... I'm undecided :)

I am, looking to keep my D700 as backup, or second, w/ wa for sports. Very excited.

I was considering the release of a D4 as well....what could it possibly have? I'm assuming about 16.something megapixles (as the D400 was rumored to have) higher ISO capabilities...maybe what the current D3S is offering, and video....but at 1080p? That would be my educated guess at the D4 and the price tag to be not much more than the D3S, maybe 5,500 when it comes out around 4th quarter 2010.

I wouldn't wait on a D4, that's at least a year away at the earliest. That's plenty of time for you to put your D3s through the pace and good use out of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back