So You Have a Canon T2i? Give Your Review Here

NickButler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a new body. I have had my XTi for a few years now. I bought it when it was new and I have been really happy with it. I have learned a bunch and have taken some beautiful photos with it.

But as we all know life is full of choices. I think I am going to get ready for an upgrade! I have become very interested in film and seeing that the T2i is very capable of that it is my first choice.

18 MP
HD video up to 60 fps
3 in screen
... oh yeah baby!

There are a lot of reasons why it seems like the obvious upgrade for me coming from an XTi. :mrgreen:

So what are your impressions as a T2i owner? Something you love or hate about it? :thumbup:
Feel free to post your photos or links to videos you've taken with it. I'm curious.

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a new body. I have had my XTi for a few years now. I bought it when it was new and I have been really happy with it. I have learned a bunch and have taken some beautiful photos with it.

But as we all know life is full of choices. I think I am going to get ready for an upgrade! I have become very interested in film and seeing that the T2i is very capable of that it is my first choice.

18 MP
HD video up to 60 fps
3 in screen
... oh yeah baby!

There are a lot of reasons why it seems like the obvious upgrade for me coming from an XTi. :mrgreen:

So what are your impressions as a T2i owner? Something you love or hate about it? :thumbup:
Feel free to post your photos or links to videos you've taken with it. I'm curious.

The image quality is good and very usable. Keep in mind I also have a 5d mk ii that I would compare IQ with. My biggest beef with the T2i is that you have to remove the SD card to retrieve your images and video. That is, unless you are going to get an eye-fi card of some flavour. We got the T2i cameras for our school because the existing still and video cameras were starting to break down and show their age. These units to do double duty and the video side is terrific. Just make sure you have a computer that can crunch the HD video. My Mac pro can handle it, but it chokes the iMacs at the school and the students are instructed to shoot SD only (which is still really clean). They do a great job chroma keying because you can control the DOF with better lenses and it helps to separate the subject from the green.

Why do you have to remove the SD card? Isn't there a mini USB cable to connect to a computer with? :grumpy:

My biggest beef with the T2i is that you have to remove the SD card to retrieve your images and video. That is, unless you are going to get an eye-fi card of some flavour.

Huh? :scratch:

No you don't... I have a chord that goes straight from my camera to a USB port... SD card stays inside the camera...

Yeah, that's embarrassing :blushing:! I now see that AV port doubles as the USB port. I had assumed that because all of the kits shipped without USB cables but the store included a card reader for each camera that it just wasn't an option. Well two things: I need to stop being a "guy" and start rtfm. At least now that removes my "big beef" with the camera.

My biggest beef with the T2i is that you have to remove the SD card to retrieve your images and video. That is, unless you are going to get an eye-fi card of some flavour.

Huh? :scratch:

No you don't... I have a chord that goes straight from my camera to a USB port... SD card stays inside the camera...

Yeah, that's embarrassing :blushing:! I now see that AV port doubles as the USB port. I had assumed that because all of the kits shipped without USB cables but the store included a card reader for each camera that it just wasn't an option. Well two things: I need to stop being a "guy" and start rtfm. At least now that removes my "big beef" with the camera.

HAHA! No worries man, I glad you learned something.

erose86,
Thanks for the feed back. I appreciate it.

I just upgrade from an XTI to a t2i! its a great upgrade! the hd video and the 18 mega pixels are great. But if your not going to use the hd video then dont upgrade! but i loved my xti! it was a beast!

The HD is the real motivator for the upgrade. I have been the camera store several times in the last 2 weeks just to mess with it. It feels so good in my hands and I bet it will be even more satisfying with my own lenses on it!

Its really only a matter of time before I pull the trigger. I want it so bad! If only money wasn't always an issue. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back