What's new

Soaking up the sun

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted on this sub-forum in what seems like ages... so here's a recent photo.

p439333657-4.jpg



Thanks for viewing...
 
Very nice shot! If you don't mind, can you explain your method for processing that rich blue sky color and texture?
 
If you don't mind, can you explain your method for processing that rich blue sky color and texture?
I don't mind at all. This time of the year, the Canadian prairie sky can give you deep blue tones right before, during and after sunset – so there is a silver lining to our asses freezing off :) This photo was shot at 3:45, just 45 minutes before sunset – you can tell by the sky hitting the house from the side. With that "natural ingredient" in place, I simply darkened the sky just one more bit during post, added some contrast I think, and that was it. I didn't use any filters on the lens.

Thanks, guys!
 
wow almost looks like a fairy tale house nice. the sky looks great too
 
Cool shot, well done.
 
Thank you, guys.
 
Nice shot!
Looks like winter has arrived over there.
It's arriving "slowly", actually :) I was out in the countryside today and the temperature reached -4 °C (24.8 °F). It should be at least 5-6 degrees lower this time of year. We're not complaining, though.

Thanks!
 
Federico impressive as always. Also I don't get to see alot of coloured treatment images from you lately. The clear snow covered foreground to the patch of brown vegetation to the house leading to the sky. Great composition man...I honestly can't find even a singe concrete nitpick here.
 
Federico impressive as always. Also I don't get to see alot of coloured treatment images from you lately. The clear snow covered foreground to the patch of brown vegetation to the house leading to the sky. Great composition man...I honestly can't find even a singe concrete nitpick here.
T
Thank you man, much appreciated!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom