Soco Falls - C&C Please

Scuba

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brooksidephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Soco Falls outside of Ashville, NC. This was my first time shooting a larger waterfall and also I had just bought my 17-40mm lens. At the time I didn't own any filters so I had to use only camera settings to extend my shutter speed. Not quite sure about the composition and the editing. I didn't have a trigger either so I was using the 10 sec timer. How is the editing overall? Highlights? Composition? Should I have backed up more? C&C Please.

Canon 5D | 17-40mm @ 17mm | f/13 | 1/2sec | ISO 100

$waterfall.jpg

Nice photo but maybe crop too tight. I'd like to see a part of sky or the place where water fall in.

Its a little cramped for me still a cool picture plus I'll give you some props just for being a Cincinnati boy!

I like it

Thank you.

Nice photo but maybe crop too tight. I'd like to see a part of sky or the place where water fall in.

Thank you for the comments. I will keep the sky and water pool in mind next time. You are right you can't really see either. The sky wouldn't be very easy here so the water pool would have been better.

Its a little cramped for me still a cool picture plus I'll give you some props just for being a Cincinnati boy!

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I felt it was cramped myself, I don't think to the point it kills it but definitely noticeable. Where are you in Ohio? I am actually right across the river in NKY from Cincinnati, but no one knows where Northern Kentucky is :)

I like it

Thank you.

Thank you for the comments. I will keep the sky and water pool in mind next time. You are right you can't really see either. The sky wouldn't be very easy here so the water pool would have been better.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I felt it was cramped myself, I don't think to the point it kills it but definitely noticeable. Where are you in Ohio? I am actually right across the river in NKY from Cincinnati, but no one knows where Northern Kentucky is :)

Middletown, almost perfectly in between cincy/dayton.

Most reactions

Back