Sofas

Congrats, Rob...but once you get them, you totally need to do the Memorex commercial with one of those chairs (http://www.totalmedia.com/images/maninchair.jpg)

BTW, Spannermanner, Last of the Summer Wine SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS yuk yuk I hate that show!

Sorry, not sure if I was clear on that...I don't really care for that show too much

jocose said:
Congrats, Rob...but once you get them, you totally need to do the Memorex commercial with one of those chairs

Yeah, when I get a house, I'll be paying a little visit to my friend at Turbosound for a couple of small speakers... Bwahhahaha

Rob

I was hoping I had a better picture than this, but I don't...this is my furniture a few days after I moved into my new apartment back in October, and crap was everywhere...you can kinda see the print on the green couch, and the brown loveseat, too, (that one is quiet comfortable, and in great condition, except for the legs on one side are now being held up by a block of cement!)...the brown recliner isn't bad...got that from the same place I got the love seat...they were owned by older people who took perfect care of everything.

apt2.jpg

Rob said:
And just what happened there?

**Nothing at all :mrgreen:

Cool.

My cat is evidently better than yours though!

Rob

Possibly better trained.
Why are we conversing in this one post? :lol:
My couch looks like hell. It's all my cat's fault, too. I've been through 2 couches in her lifetime, and I'm not getting any more new furniture until she has departed this world. Each time I've bought a new one, she is delighted with her brand new giant scratching post, and proceeds to shred it, corner by corner. Nothing I've tried has dissuaded her.

But I still love my kitty. :cat: :love:

I married the ugliest rust orange colored monstrosity you could imagine. I had to put the darn thing on the longest wall in the LR since it was 9 feet long. It was my husband's grandmother's. There were stains on this thing that I couldn't even begin to imagine. Along with that, there was a formerly off-white recliner that you had to lean forward in to recline ... otherwise, your ankles were up by your ears and it's not attractive for first time guests! Then, three years into our blessed union, my husband, the pastor, married a couple and the bride, brilliant girl, told Hubby he could have the groom's furniture as a thank you. Without clearing this with me and sight unseen, he agreed and brought home yellow....YELLOW ... flowered furniture. Oh .... and there were no springs in the sofa. Plywood. Plywood kept your knees from reaching your eyes. The recliner was a step up as rather than moon your guests, you simply got a hernia trying to reline in the thing. I bought a futon and declared it mine and mine alone.

Last summer ... having had all the hodgepodge I could take ... I bought MATCHING pieces: sofa, love seat and overstuffed chair with ottoman.

Now all I need are new drapes!

anicole said:
I married the ugliest rust orange colored monstrosity you could imagine. I had to put the darn thing on the longest wall in the LR since it was 9 feet long. It was my husband's grandmother's. There were stains on this thing that I couldn't even begin to imagine.
I do hope you are talking about a sofa....

The absolute best tip for new homeowners is this:

Get used to saying, "No thankyou, can I have some cash instead please?". My goodness the sh1te you end up with otherwise. It takes about five years to get rid of it all. :)

Rob

haha, very nice sofas (little late response) they will look good in your house :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back