Soft fall color

Lisa Chapman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I made some progress with my focus. Not 100% but, getting there. My settings are still off but, that was my fault. I need to get into the habit of checking the settings between shots because, I forgot to adjust. Gah!

Loving the soft colors out there this fall. Not going to last long here in Illinois though, winter is trying to creep in. We got some snow last week! o_O

I wish I had of gotten lower in line with the fence on that first shot. I need to be more creative with my shots. I'm working on that!
The upper right in the first one is blurry for some reason, bummed about that as I know it's distracting. I'll work on that too. :)

Those really deep compositions are the very hardest to get all in focus. After consulting your DOF calculator, you may find the need to stop WAY down to f/31 or something. That in turn may force you to use a tripod. Note also that movement will be obvious in really long shutter speeds, so any wind at all will move branches and create motion blur. Windy days need high speeds, so you might not be able to make those long shots.

Those really deep compositions are the very hardest to get all in focus. After consulting your DOF calculator, you may find the need to stop WAY down to f/31 or something. That in turn may force you to use a tripod. Note also that movement will be obvious in really long shutter speeds, so any wind at all will move branches and create motion blur. Windy days need high speeds, so you might not be able to make those long shots.

Thanks! It was very windy. My shutter speed was I think 1/1000? Something like that. I did forget to adjust the aperture so it was totally wrong. I am still searching for the right tripod. It's a longer process than I thought it would be!

I am still searching for the right tripod. It's a longer process than I thought it would be!
Ayup! It has been said on here many times; a tripod can have three main attributes:

Lightweight
Sturdy
Inexpensive

You get to pick only two of those.

Keep on haunting the used gear sites, and eventually you will find one you like at a price you're willing to pay.

Most reactions

Back