Soliciting user feedback on D750

Joe_Photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those who have used and/or own a D750, what are your top likes and dislikes? What features or capabilities do you value the most or find conspicuously absent?

Pro

1.Love the grip on the camera
2.Amazing low light performance
3.Excellent AF system
4.Reasonable size and weight for a FF camera
5.A very well balanced camera with very little bad to say about it, its not the best in anything just a good solid camera that can do everything very well.

Con

1.Wish the tilt screen could also swivel (not a big deal to be honest as I hardly ever use it anyways)
2.Wish the D750 had the D810 botton layout (not a big deal either)
3.Wish D750 had a touch screen

Thanks. That's just the kind of input I am looking for. I'm making a jump from the Canon T-series so I'm not likely to miss a touchscreen or be too impacted by the button layout. FF sensor notwithstanding, #2 and 3 on your pro list are my primary reasons for wanting this camera.

The button layout is very good but I think the one on the D810/800 is even better.
Moving from Canon Rebel to the D750 will blow your mind in every aspect, low light performance, AF or even build quality.
Sensor on the D750 is one of the best money can buy!!!

My feedback: I want one.

Conspicuously missing:
- 1/4000 shutter rather than 1/8000
- touch screen

Top likes:
- focus system up to -3 EV (amazing)
- overall advanced focus system
- recovery of RAW images that are severely underexposed
- size and feel is great (I wanted to walk out with one when I tried it)
- it's just what anyone wants in a $2000-ish full frame camera, it's what I wish the D610 was when I was considering my first camera, hell it's a camera I would consider for doing professional work (which I won't ever be)

Last edited:
yes but features = more money ... so the d610 is priced accordingly,
and the d750 is priced accordingly
funny how that works eh ?

I've had mine for a couple months now and my pro list goes pretty much exactly like Goodguy's, just without the cons. I really haven't found any cons yet. I'm constantly getting usable clean shots where in my mind I'm saying "no way I got it".

I've had mine for a couple months now and my pro list goes pretty much exactly like Goodguy's, just without the cons. I really haven't found any cons yet. I'm constantly getting usable clean shots where in my mind I'm saying "no way I got it".
My con list was really just nit picking, I wanted to put cons because I didn't want people to think I am biased toward the D750..........................ok I am LOL but the truth is that it is simply an excellent camera that has no real weaknesses.

I've been nothing but happy with mine. I couldn't care less about having a touch screen, I really don't even like having the flip screen (just feels like a weak point of the camera). All the great features have been discussed already here...it's just a great camera

Most reactions

Back