Soligor lens question

kwyjibo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ANyone have an honest opinion of Soligor lenses? A camera shop has a zoom plus macro lens for Pentax K mount for $60 used . Looks like a good lens but I have never used a Soligor before. Also is a zoom plus macro worth getting or should I have seperate lenses? I unfortunately can't remember the specifics of the lens.( will look harder next time)

kwyjibo said:
ANyone have an honest opinion of Soligor lenses? A camera shop has a zoom plus macro lens for Pentax K mount for $60 used . Looks like a good lens but I have never used a Soligor before. Also is a zoom plus macro worth getting or should I have seperate lenses? I unfortunately can't remember the specifics of the lens.( will look harder next time)

Soligor is an OK lens maker and $60 for a zoom+macro seems a decent price. If you want a lens with real macro capability then I would invest in a prime macro lens, but then again, that's more $$.

Have you checked the Ebay for Pentax ME lenses?

I have bought 2 lenses from Ebay. A Pentax SMC M 50mm and a Sears 28mm.
The 50mm makes the shutter fire as soon as I cock the advance lever. I have tried to see how it mounts to the body but can't see the problem. The Sears lens works fine.
I am a little leary of Ebay now.

kwyjibo said:
I have bought 2 lenses from Ebay. A Pentax SMC M 50mm and a Sears 28mm.
The 50mm makes the shutter fire as soon as I cock the advance lever. I have tried to see how it mounts to the body but can't see the problem. The Sears lens works fine.
I am a little leary of Ebay now.

Sometimes you have to turn the lens a little more, it doesn't fully engage the K mount. I have a Sigma 24mm for my PZ20 (AF SLR) that did the opposite, wouldn't let the camera fire. The SMC 50s are some of the best and sharpest lenses for 35mm SLRs.

And yes, I am aware of bad deals on E-bay, however I wasn't ever burned. I guess I'm lucky...:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back