Some beers...

I know very little about HSS.

Guess I should read my speedlight manual...

Thanks Schwetty.

Does anyone know how I could have the beers well lit, but the background totally dark? Kind of like they are isolated and glowing.

Like for example using the wall as a background, and putting them on a table with a sheet under them as miss TT suggested.

I have this image in my head, but dont know how to set it up. I have a speedlight, and now a diffuser for it by the way.

I just don't know how to get the background dark, unless I did it in post maybe.

Maybe try a clear glass table and soft black backround around the bottles. Try the lighting from different angles under the table.

Try a shallower DOF? That could be interesting...

:thumbup:

I didn't think they had Shiner in Japan... Where did you shoot this?

Enjoying one now...

:thumbup:

I didn't think they had Shiner in Japan... Where did you shoot this?

Enjoying one now...

I am a U.S. citizen working as a civilian contractor for the Air Force over here.

We have stores on base that have American and import beers.

I like Japanese beer a lot too, but its really expensive. Especially since the Yen is so strong now compared to the Dollar.

Neil

Does anyone know how I could have the beers well lit, but the background totally dark? Kind of like they are isolated and glowing.
Black background.

Glowing.

I used a simple piece of black poster paper and sat the skull on a 12x12" piece of stone tile. I placed a candle behind the glowing version. 3 light setup.

Photographing glass is a tough nut to crack. Strip lighting is typically used for vertical glass and lit from the side to create that nice thin vertical reflection. Understanding the family of angles is a good base line to start with. I'm not there yet.

Photographing glass is a tough nut to crack. Strip lighting is typically used for vertical glass and lit from the side to create that nice thin vertical reflection. Understanding the family of angles is a good base line to start with. I'm not there yet.

TY for the info, I appreciate it.

I am still not even at a basic unserstanding of lighting lol.

It wasnt until a few months ago that I decided to buy my first diffuser. I had owned my speedlight for like 5 years at that point...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back