Some black & white street shots - c/c welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first photo's from the Milton Steam Era Fair back in the summer. The rest were taken on the streets of Toronto. The last time I posted b/w photos someone asked why, so I thought this time I'd offer a preemptive answer: Because I like black & white photography.

SteamEra-0868-EDITED-2.jpg

DwtntwnFeb-26-EDITED.jpg

DwntwnFeb-455-Edit-EDITED.jpg

TOPWalks-BulgerGallery-146-EDITED.jpg

DwnTwnJan-44-EDITED.jpg

DwnTwnJan-76-EDITED.jpg

DwntwnFeb-288-EDITED.jpg

DwnTwnJan-95-EDITED.jpg

I like the translucent cat.

Hmm, Radioactive Man looks familiar ...

Were the Firemen there for the toasted subs ?

#8 would look better if you had the motion blur in the background like you did in #7

nice pics :) but i didn't get the point of 6 and 8

nice pics :) but i didn't get the point of 6 and 8

I think with number 8 he was trying to get the harshness of winter with the homeless person that sits on the air grates they have in the City.

Number 6 I think was a snapshot of the firemen standing around getting somefood, but I might be wrong.

Pretty much dead on, mswiech, thanks. Frankly, I usually don't look for a "point," per say. If every photo had to have a point, my output would drop dramatically. I usually keep an eye out for some element that attracts me to want to photograph it, point or no point. If it has a point, mind you, then giddy up, all the better. When I started posting here a while back I used to tell a little story about how the photo came to be. Then people would critic the photo based on whether or not it was congruent to the story I told about it. I learned quickly to stop telling stories about photos. :)

Ironically, if I had to choose which of this group of photos actually had any sort of point to them at all, I'd probably pick #1, #6 and #8. Maybe #3, too. Of course, your mileage may vary. There is no wrong answer. :)

Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Back