Some Bugs

ceejtank

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
They all look a little OOF and what did you do to the backgrounds on 2, 3 and 5? Distracting......

Need tighter crops on all of them.. but since they are OOF.. probably need to shoot some more.

Aperture on them are 2.8 to 5.6 (except for the ant at F11). I am assuming you shot these with a Zoom that has "macro" in the title somewhere? Typically.. get as close as you can.. and use smaller apertures... and flash if possible, to increase the lighting.

They all look a little OOF and what did you do to the backgrounds on 2, 3 and 5? Distracting......

Need tighter crops on all of them.. but since they are OOF.. probably need to shoot some more.

Aperture on them are 2.8 to 5.6 (except for the ant at F11). I am assuming you shot these with a Zoom that has "macro" in the title somewhere? Typically.. get as close as you can.. and use smaller apertures... and flash if possible, to increase the lighting.

Hey, yeah except for the butterflys all of them were shot with 100mm canon Macro lens.

As you noticed the smaller aperature (on all except the butterfly) theres a depth of field issue, causing the "blur". The smaller the fstop, the more focused the image on your focal point, the blurrier the rest. F-number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Theres a good guide so you can understand the ftop/depth of field and what it does a little better.

I'm shooting using a 10.1 megapixel DSLR, so cropping tighter = smaller picture.

Hey, yeah except for the butterflys all of them were shot with 100mm canon Macro lens.

As you noticed the smaller aperature (on all except the butterfly) theres a depth of field issue, causing the "blur". The smaller the fstop, the more focused the image on your focal point, the blurrier the rest. F-number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Theres a good guide so you can understand the ftop/depth of field and what it does a little better.

I'm shooting using a 10.1 megapixel DSLR, so cropping tighter = smaller picture.

Dude.. I know what apertures do! If you can't get sharper shots than than with the Canon 100mm Macro lens, then something is wrong! It should do 1:1 macro. Try using flash to light the subject and shooting in between F16-F22... they might stay in focus that way! And 10 MP still gives you plenty of room to crop, especially if you get a decent subject to frame ratio.. as in Cropping tighter, LARGER SUBJECT. Typically with macro, you want as much of the subject in focus as possible.. and usually a nice "bokeh" background is secondary to that.

I get the feeling that you are young... like 15 or 16? just curious....

26. Just new to photography.

No problem.. just trying to help.... check these out... they were done with a lens similar to your canon 100mm ( I use a Tokina 100mm)... so you should be able to get similar sharpness and magnification...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/256666-fly-fly-away.html#post2343873

I'm good. I'm not too sure I like this forum actually. Took my work down.

MODS - you can close these threads.

No problem.. just trying to help.... check these out... they were done with a lens similar to your canon 100mm ( I use a Tokina 100mm)... so you should be able to get similar sharpness and magnification...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/256666-fly-fly-away.html#post2343873

I'm good. I'm not too sure I like this forum actually. Took my work down.

MODS - you can close these threads.

You have to be nice... or people will jump on you. I don't know that you are intentionally rude... probably just the way you express yourself. The written word is easy to misinterpret without the nuances of inflection and facial / body language. You also need a thick skin, and not get defensive.... at least until people here get to know you! :) It really is a good forum.. with lots of helpful people.

You can't expect people to like your work when you first started. People who comment in your topic are trying to help you by identifying the area which did not done so great and hopefully you will improve the next time.

I was like this when I was first started, I literally flamed with everyone in the forum XD.

You can't expect people to like your work when you first started. People who comment in your topic are trying to help you by identifying the area which did not done so great and hopefully you will improve the next time.

I was like this when I was first started, I literally flamed with everyone in the forum XD.

I think it's a difference of opinion of what photography is that's the case. To me photography is an expression of ones self. It's not a cookie cutter, everything has to be this way type thing. Where it seems commenters that i've dealt with (not all) so far have been "You didn't do XYZ so your photo is bad" type of mentality, whether it's directly phrased like that, or is hidden behind a false pretense the writing is clear. I'll keep my pictures to myself and just look for errors in photos which seems to be the way this forum operates.

I think it's a difference of opinion of what photography is that's the case. To me photography is an expression of ones self. It's not a cookie cutter, everything has to be this way type thing. Where it seems commenters that i've dealt with (not all) so far have been "You didn't do XYZ so your photo is bad" type of mentality, whether it's directly phrased like that, or is hidden behind a false pretense the writing is clear. I'll keep my pictures to myself and just look for errors in photos which seems to be the way this forum operates.

There are rules in art.. and rules are made to be broken. No one has to like it but the artist himself. But when you post shots... someone will probably tear it up....

And I can tear them up back/argue with them.

And I can tear them up back/argue with them.

Thats what makes it fun.. as long as nobody get's hurt! ;) And removing the images indicates that you are not happy. Leave 'em up.. so someone else can come along and tell your detractors how wrong they are.. then get some popcorn, sit back and watch the fun!

These are just opinions, they arent saying your pictures are horrible. Why do you need to get all mean and defensive when they were just trying to help? If you look on many other threads you will see some very similar advice given to other people who accept it graciously and take into concideration, not yell at them for being mean.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back