Some C&C

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots i took while at a friends house during a weekend BBQ fest.

dsc00720edit.jpg

dsc00728edit.jpg

dsc00714edit2.jpg

C&C welcome....

#1 is a bit dark for me. #2 is a really cool shot. #3 could use a little less flash to hold back some of the glare on his face.

i didnt use flash on three.... maybe i should lower the EV in the raw editor... yeah, i took a few of the fire, but most of them came out either too out of focus, or too over exposed.... anyhow...

i didnt use flash on three....

Um....yeah you did. Exif data doesn't lie

Exposure Time = 1/125"
F Number = F5.6
Exposure Program = Portrait mode
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Flash = Flash fired, auto mode, red-eye reduction mode

....and the flash has washed the picture out and blown the detail in the shirt. Bad lighting can't be fixed in pp.....improved maybe, but not completely fixed.

Next time try finding better light and using no flash or at a minimum get a diffuser for your onboard flash.

....and the flash has washed the picture out and blown the detail in the shirt.
Are you talking about the third image (guy in red t-shirt)? 'Cause the picture doesn't look too bad to me...in fact, the exposure looks pretty good.

oh, i took several pictures with him some with flash some without.... and after playing around with all of them i couldnt remember which one had flash and which one didnt. good catch though.

the exposure has been edited, as well as saturation and contrast changes.

btw what program do you use to view EXIF data? cause mine doesnt say anything about the flash.

any way i could improve these images?
im not sure if its me, but in the portrait image, i think i can see noise on the plants in the background...

oh, i took several pictures with him some with flash some without.... and after playing around with all of them i couldnt remember which one had flash and which one didnt. good catch though.

the exposure has been edited, as well as saturation and contrast changes.

btw what program do you use to view EXIF data? cause mine doesnt say anything about the flash.

any way i could improve these images?
im not sure if its me, but in the portrait image, i think i can see noise on the plants in the background...

The onboard flash is just too harsh (pic #3). You can get a diffuser for your onboard flash if you don't want to spend much money.....but if you can get the flash higher via a hot shoe mount flash it will be even better....you'll still want a diffuser for that when using direct light though.

Here.
http://www.amazon.com/LumiQuest-Instant-Camera-Screen-Diffuser/dp/B000B5H2BE/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back