Some car photos

basso4735

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken at the UMass Amherst Car Show yesterday. First time shooting cars. Lighting was harsh, it was around 1pm. c&c if you wish. Thanks for looking.

4569681901_63da93d768_o.jpg

4569681979_02735b9d7b_o.jpg

4569682023_a564e0dcfb_o.jpg

4570320034_4ea327e763_o.jpg

4570320114_fe35648bb3_o.jpg

Honestly I would have to say they are just snapshots. Flash wasn't fired on any of them (exp under the hood), I probably would have used a CP to reduce the reflections you see in the paint/tail lights. It's a car show, so I know it was pretty busy around there and hard to get just the car in any pictures, but the people are not helping focus on the vehicle.

On a positive note...Whatever that is in 5, I like. Not that the GTR is bad either!

Honestly I would have to say they are just snapshots. Flash wasn't fired on any of them (exp under the hood), I probably would have used a CP to reduce the reflections you see in the paint/tail lights. It's a car show, so I know it was pretty busy around there and hard to get just the car in any pictures, but the people are not helping focus on the vehicle.

On a positive note...Whatever that is in 5, I like. Not that the GTR is bad either!
Yeah, I'm dying to pick up a flash at some point, I feel like I would get a lot of use out of it.

5 is a Mercedes Benz SLR. $495k if you want one :lol:

Pic number five Mclaren SLR perhaps?

You were all over that GTR eh?

-MSR

Pic number five Mclaren SLR perhaps?

You were all over that GTR eh?

-MSR
Yes. I am way more into older cars and this was mostly new/tuners but I had never seen a GT-R in person so I made sure to get some nice ones of it.

I really like shooting cars. I really like to feature what ever made the model different from the rest like body lines, lights, and or mods. The GTR tail lights are a good angle. If you move to the left to cover the tail of the GTR more the photo would look more even.

From my small amount of experience, I would in my opinion have lit it up better or used a reflector to make the car pop. The attention to the back of the GTR is distracted by the people around it. Maybe blur them out...

Good start.

I really like shooting cars. I really like to feature what ever made the model different from the rest like body lines, lights, and or mods. The GTR tail lights are a good angle. If you move to the left to cover the tail of the GTR more the photo would look more even.

From my small amount of experience, I would in my opinion have lit it up better or used a reflector to make the car pop. The attention to the back of the GTR is distracted by the people around it. Maybe blur them out...

Good start.
Thanks. My kit only contains my K100D, kit lens and a 50mm, so I make do with what I have so far. :D

I agree.

I just took a look at the bumper of the GTR. Theres people in the paint reflections. This is a problem that I have too when I shot at the last car show. Ive seen these white semi transparent discs that you can hold with a hand or prop up and it will take away the reflection of the people walking by.

At least there is some nice cars!

drool.... a scion

hehe i kid i kid... i wish i could a gtr.... you should have ran over a put a D in front of the slr :p

pictures look bright on my screen but not sure how they look in person :D

Most reactions

Back