Some Color From My Morning Walk

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out for a stroll in the neighborhood. Here's two snaps from along the way. The plant is trumpet vine (Campsis radicans) which is native to our region. Fuji X-T2 w/TTArtisan 23mm f/1.4

gmc.jpg

trumpet-vine.jpg

Nice shots! I'm looking at how to incorporate trumpet vine into my back garden. Considering replacing the hummingbird feeder with them.

Nice shots! I'm looking at how to incorporate trumpet vine into my back garden. Considering replacing the hummingbird feeder with them.
Hummingbirds love them. They're modestly popular around here, I see them regularly and I like growing natives. Need a structure for them to grow on.

Hummingbirds love them. They're modestly popular around here, I see them regularly and I like growing natives. Need a structure for them to grow on.
I'm looking at an arbor trellis or arch, with the idea of planting yellow on one side and orange on the other. The metal arch/doorway aren't too overly expensive.

I'm looking at an arbor trellis or arch, with the idea of planting yellow on one side and orange on the other. The metal arch/doorway aren't too overly expensive.
Sounds like a plan. We have a metal arch in the garden -- plant mandevilla vines on both sides and let them meet in the middle.

Very nice shot!

Use caution with these beauties! As hard as it is to assign a native vine the "invasive" category, it's such an aggressive grower that the Dept of Agriculture has designated it so in southern climates. Here in the north, we're advised to use caution and prune the crap out of it. Our next door neighbor has one, and it reached over their fence and was choking our arbor vitae before he got around to cutting it back.

They're hummingbird magnets, and the flowers are gorgeous! Also toxic to handle.

I really wanted one this year, but was kindly directed to the Major Wheeler honeysuckle instead. Honeysuckle can be a great alternative!

Most reactions

Back