What's new

Some critique

reaper7534

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
191
Reaction score
29
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a photo from about 4 years ago and still one of my favorites. What would you have done differently ? Not sure how it will look on your monitors, I have two different monitors and I like the look on one and hate it on the other.

8610841375_8c184b29ea_k.jpg


dixie | Flickr - Photo Sharing!


not sure what size image file will show, need to update my flickr account for full size
 
I reckon it'd have been better with the flash off camera, and maybe not quite as strong. The purple collar is a bit jarring.
 
Cool shot, but I think it would have been better if the background fire wasn't so bright, and if there were some shadow contours to the dog's face.

For the background brightness, you could bring that down by moving closer to the sync speed if not all the way there. A few trial shots would provide the answer.

The shadows could be achieved with off camera flash and a diffuser. That approach would also get rid of that milky "flash in my face" look in the dog's pupils.
 
Well I think the shot of the dog is awesome but my eyes draw to what I am guessing is a fireplace,otherwise I love the pooch.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom