TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373471302.607586.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373471330.234928.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373471345.918702.jpg

C&C please. Thank you!

I like them. The lighting is very good. I'm with Derrel...what modifications were made to the lens?

Thank you! The lens was reversed but with the ability to control the aperture

It's not cropped. It is shot at a greater magnification ratio. If i remember well that shot is close to the maximum magnification of the lens

You can freelens and control the aperture with any Canon camera that has DoF preview. Just hold down DoF while dismounting the lens. The aperture will stay at whatever you had it set to while mounted.

Robin: I just checked my raw image and I've noticed that it's cropped but just for adjusting the angle of the photo. The watch was rotated a little. If you want i can upload an untouched version of the photo.
It is true that you can free the lens and control the aperture with the help of the DoF button but in the way that i modified the lens I can control the aperture when it is reversed, as I would do with a normal lens.
Basically I dismantled the mount of the lens, I have de-soldered the electrical contacts from the circuit board of the lens. I sawed off the mount of the lens (the protruding bit of the EF-S mount) and glued it the other way (to the front element of the lens) and with the help of an old floppy/ata/ide cable i have soldered back the electrical contacts. In that way the camera can control the aperture of the lens as it would do with a normal lens.
The lens had problems (the focus control ribbon ripped apart) and it was very cheap and I didn't want to repair it so I gave it a try :)
I will post a picture with the lens.
Sorry for my bad English

Robin: I just checked my raw image and I've noticed that it's cropped but just for adjusting the angle of the photo. The watch was rotated a little. If you want i can upload an untouched version of the photo.
It is true that you can free the lens and control the aperture with the help of the DoF button but in the way that i modified the lens I can control the aperture when it is reversed, as I would do with a normal lens.
Basically I dismantled the mount of the lens, I have de-soldered the electrical contacts from the circuit board of the lens. I sawed off the mount of the lens (the protruding bit of the EF-S mount) and glued it the other way (to the front element of the lens) and with the help of an old floppy/ata/ide cable i have soldered back the electrical contacts. In that way the camera can control the aperture of the lens as it would do with a normal lens.
The lens had problems (the focus control ribbon ripped apart) and it was very cheap and I didn't want to repair it so I gave it a try :)
I will post a picture with the lens.
Sorry for my bad English
Wow...very creative. And it seems to be working for you, so Job Well Done!

Most reactions

Back