Some fall stream shots

weags77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, posting these fall photos as I'll be entering a local Fall Photo Contest. There hasn't been many stream of waterfall photos submitted, most of the water shots are reflections on lakes. I'll be heading out tomorrow for some more but these were from last week. Not sure how I really feel about these. I seem to be thinking the leaves make the scenes a bit too busy on one hand, but think I like the way they fill the scene out and the color. Hoping for any tips, suggestions or comments as there's not much fall time left here, so I'd like to make the most of it and get something nice for the contest. Thanks

$JJW_9450.jpg

$JJW_9452.jpg

$JJW_9460.jpg

I like 1 & 2 the best.
The biggest problem with these, in my opinion, is the way the rock in the foreground cuts off the flow of the river through the frame.

Thanks sleist. I think I tend to do that a lot. I'll definitely be more mindful of that in the future. Should have been higher angle or a few steps or more to the right here ?

Agree - but in #2 you could argue that that effect adds to the appeal of the shot in the way the water kind of 'falls' behind the rock.

I like 1 & 2 the best.
The biggest problem with these, in my opinion, is the way the rock in the foreground cuts off the flow of the river through the frame.

Agree - but in #2 you could argue that that effect adds to the appeal of the shot in the way the water kind of 'falls' behind the rock.

I like 1 & 2 the best.

Yup. My comment is more appropriate for #1 than for #2, but #2 still suffers from it a bit I think.

See now if we were talking about it enhancing the shot in either of these two I would have gone with #1 the way it bounces the flow back down out through the frame. Or is having the viewers eye bounce around not a good idea haha. Given the subject I guess I'd rather their eyes flow rather than bounce though haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back