What's new

Some feedback please

Brooklyn_Guy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
North Hollywood
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
View attachment 43414 $bottle.webp
 

Attachments

  • $sneakers.webp
    $sneakers.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 87
  • $excedrin.webp
    $excedrin.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Holy whacked white-balance Batman! ;) Not sure if it's your camera, processing, monitor, or what, but these have a very strong yellow cast. The pill bottls has no interest, but the shoes have some potential; I would correct the WB, level and then crop so that all we see is floor, no background wall.
 
Product makers pretty much demand that the label is clearly visible and not half shrouded by a shadow.

A vertical frame format is preferred for objects that are taller than they are wide.

Understanding White Balance
 
Not sure what feedback, or suggestions you are look for specifically, but as other have already stated, WB is WAAAAAY off, and honestly, the shots are just snapshots. I won't click on the link because I'm not going to just add to your harvest, but the shots really have little to no interest, even if for marketing.

Not trying to be a dick, I'm just sayin'.

What is the end result you are shooting for?

If you allowed editing to your shots, it would be easier to show simple examples of your shots, looking a lot more natural and balanced.
 
The lighting is almost as bad as the white balance issues.

What was your lighting setup?
 
It would probably be better without the edge of the baseboard still showing across the top of the photo, although that's going to crop it pretty tight and I don't know if that will work well.

The photo if shot vertically might include the entire reflection, and the diagonal lines of the floorboards might draw the viewer's eye to the shoe and maybe make for a more interesting composition.

The B&W might still need some adjustment; the floor seems almost brownish to me more than gray. With mine I find I sometimes have to double check and make sure there isn't still RGB (esp. when printing), that I've removed color, especially if I've had B&W film scanned.

If other people edit your photo that could show examples of ways to process it, but I think people learn more if they get suggestions then do the editing themselves (I don't think you learn as much if someone else does it for you). Maybe think about the existing light and the exposure when you're shooting to get the best possible image to work with.
 
thanks everyone for the suggestions i really appreciate the feedback.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom