some good news

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have been in business a year and a half now. Due to some government rules coming out, my full time job went by by dueto new rules about bidding, so I have only been doing photography for the last 6 months or so. It has helped me push my photography a lot since other then unemployment it was my only source of income. I have been trying to find someone to second shoot for the last year or so since I have done 3 weddings but want more experience before I really try to tackle advertising and going after them myself. and the wait paid off, I interviewed with a good sized wedding photographer last week and heard today from them that they like me and want to take me on as there second. I will get to add between 10-30 weddings this coming season and the extra income combined with what I'm hoping to bring in this year with my own work means I may not have to go back to a normal full time job. We might have to scrape by this season but I'm hoping this can turn into my full time job.

Best of luck :thumbup:

Good deal for you. Wishing you lots of good weddings!

Congratulations!! I hope everything works out just the way you want it to!

Dude that is awesome!!! Hope for the best but anticipate set-backs so you'll be mentally prepared to move forward when they do happen. One of the most common traits of a successful person is resilience.

That is very good news! :) Congrats on getting hired on - I'm sure that's a relief just from the financial end. Even better - you're going to learn a ton!! Have fun with it, and good luck!

Good!

Wish you all the best!

Thanks everybody I'm pretty excited about this which I haven't been in awhile. The whole week I was just trying not to think about it and got worried when I didn't hear back from them. So I sent out an email yesterday morning thanking him for getting to talk with him about his business. (something I should have done the day after the interview) This was my ideal situation as far as someone to work with. My wife has been super supportive of me and pushed me to start the business even though I was worried about lack of income. but things are slowly growing and this will really help things.

My field I'm coming from was pretty specialized so when it's slow there aren't a lot of options to work for someone else unless I wanted to uproot the family and hit another state. With this coming in and as long as my stuff slowly continues to grow I may be able to just search for a part time job during the week to make up what i'm short until we have the income we need. It's just pretty exciting in general the changes that have happened in the last 24 months of my life.

Well I have been in business a year and a half now. Due to some government rules coming out, my full time job went by by dueto new rules about bidding, so I have only been doing photography for the last 6 months or so. It has helped me push my photography a lot since other then unemployment it was my only source of income. I have been trying to find someone to second shoot for the last year or so since I have done 3 weddings but want more experience before I really try to tackle advertising and going after them myself. and the wait paid off, I interviewed with a good sized wedding photographer last week and heard today from them that they like me and want to take me on as there second. I will get to add between 10-30 weddings this coming season and the extra income combined with what I'm hoping to bring in this year with my own work means I may not have to go back to a normal full time job. We might have to scrape by this season but I'm hoping this can turn into my full time job.

Sounds like it's going to be a fine year for ya, congrats 12!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back