What's new

Some LA Street Stuff

Gary A.

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
22,357
Reaction score
7,541
Location
Southern California
Meet up with some buds for some Street Shooting:

#1
DSCF5886.jpg

No Smoking
Fuji X-T1 w/ 10-24 @ 10mm

#2
_GA12681.jpg

Windows
Fuji X-T1 w/ 55-200 @ 200mm

#3
DSCF5823.jpg

& Chips
Fuji X-T1 w/ 8mm (fish)

#4
_GA12684.jpg

& Chips
Fuji X-T1 w/ 8mm (fish)

#5
_GA12652.jpg

Coffee ana Smoke
Fuji X-T1 w/ 55-200 @ 200mm

#6
_GA12682-X3.jpg

Wholesale Mayoreo
Fuji X-T1 w/ 55-200 @ 77.9mm

Thanks for viewing,
Gary
 
Good idea. It's on my list to get downtown and wander. Good shots.
 
#5 is my favorite. Love the composition
 
I like the stark contrasts in #6, but that sign at the top is just killing it...

For some off reason #6 reminds me of a famous old ulta high-contrast B&W outdoor portrait of Bill Cosby, where he's wearing frameless eyeglasses and smoking a cigar, and the contrast is just super-high. I bet you know the photo I am talking about; it ran in the TIme-Life photo series of books, and there's some other high-contrast B&W images associated with it; this photo of yours is mentally taking me back maybe close to 40 years!
 
I like the stark contrasts in #6, but that sign at the top is just killing it...

For some off reason #6 reminds me of a famous old ulta high-contrast B&W outdoor portrait of Bill Cosby, where he's wearing frameless eyeglasses and smoking a cigar, and the contrast is just super-high. I bet you know the photo I am talking about; it ran in the TIme-Life photo series of books, and there's some other high-contrast B&W images associated with it; this photo of yours is mentally taking me back maybe close to 40 years!
Yeah I know ... I keeping flipping back and forth between cropping and not cropping. I probably, as you stated, crop the sucker. I don't know if going back 40 years is a good thing or a bad thing. lol

DSCF5817.jpg

Sal

_GA12687.jpg

Hope

DSCF5763.jpg

Street Shooting Buds

_GA12668.jpg

Windows & Vents
 
I like the stark contrasts in #6, but that sign at the top is just killing it...

For some off reason #6 reminds me of a famous old ulta high-contrast B&W outdoor portrait of Bill Cosby, where he's wearing frameless eyeglasses and smoking a cigar, and the contrast is just super-high. I bet you know the photo I am talking about; it ran in the TIme-Life photo series of books, and there's some other high-contrast B&W images associated with it; this photo of yours is mentally taking me back maybe close to 40 years!

_GA12682-X2.jpg
 
Loved most of it. Excellent shots. #1 to me is a winner. I am tempted to trim a bit of the bottom though. #2 and US are my other favourites. Wonderful shots.
 
Last edited:
Loved most of it. Excellent shots. #1 to me is a winner. I am tempted to trim a bit of the bottom though. #2 and US are my other favourites. Wonderful shots.
Thank you sashbar. It was a good time.

DSCF5819.jpg

Leasing
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom