some landscape and a car

JohnS.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amej8

They're all on there. For the landscape ones, I used P and the landscape mode. I was playing around with ISO and exposure for about 45 minutes which is why there are 3/4 ones of the same picture, just slightly different. For the car ones, I used a tripod and P mode, again, playing with settings.

Constructive criticism wanted!

waaaayyyy too many shots to critique... :)

Why don't you directly post a couple that you like or would like comments on here in the forums.

Here are my favorites. All unedited. I don't have any pic editing programs / software. Uploaded using photobucket.

DSC_0078-1.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

I think 1 is spectacular. The wires are unfortunate, though you might be able to remove those if you get an editing tool. (photoshop, gimp...)

2 was kinda neat for me, but I suspect some might complain that you lack a subject in some ways. The shot isn't interesting, I guess, but it appeals to me anyway. I'm a bad judge on this because I seem to like shots that most people find almost offensively dull. (I'm not saying yours is... just many of mine are.) :lol:

I don't think 3 worked as well as 2... the switch of focus is interesting, but in this case with this composition it makes it look like you made a slight focusing error. The flowers are clearly the primary thing to look at here, imo.

I actually thought 1 was horrible :p. Just because where it's black, is where the trees were supposed to be like in 4 and 5. The camera focused on the sun so it blacked out everything below the horizon. But now that you mention it, it actually does look really nice.

I had a feeling 2 and 3 weren't great. I just wanted to try a close-up shot and flowers were the only thing within 100 feet of me lol. And that storm drain.

And I just like how 4 and 5 turned out since you can actually see below the horizon. Though I prefer 4 over 5 with the whole 2/3 composition thing.

All a matter of preference. People around here will give you all kinds of critique... some helpful, some not. :) ...but if you like it, you like it. Be proud of what you've got.

I see why you would like the one where you can see the trees more. Others, I'm sure, would agree. I happen to like the more dramatic version, but both are nice.

Most reactions

Back