some landscape

HernanG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to share with you my photos. Here are some landscape. Critics welcome.

$8228727738_ff639ff071_c.jpg

$8699978283_dc114136b9_c.jpg

$8235978754_46a1654a62_c.jpg

$8549718921_51300e8843_c.jpg

$9251145960_e2732867e7_c.jpg

#1 it would be more pleasing if that "wooden thing"-trunk is a bit higher because it splits the frame
#2 I think it would benefit from a bit different pp
#3 I like the most
#4 it's fine
#5 is too much for me. that's a personal preference

All above is jmo. Someone will jump and say something else.

You might get more input if you posted these in the Landscape forum. Also, you will make it a lot easier for folks to review/comment on your images if you number them as you post them. It would also be nice if you gave us some location information for each image - doesn't have to be that detailed, but it would be nice to know where the pics were shot, as well as a bit about how they were shot. Knowing this information helps the reviewer to understand a bit about the image. That's all.

1. The large log cuts the image in half and generally dominates it. I would have tried to find a different vantage point.
2. This is not too bad, except the foreground portion is out of focus - maybe that is what you were going for - don't know.
3. Second best of the bunch - the sky looks a little strange - is it oversaturated? The shoreline, which acts as a pseudo-horizon is tilted to the right - it should be flat.
4. Best of the bunch. I am not sure the tree adds to the image, but that is a "personal taste" thing.
5. Not crazy about this one. It looks like one of those, overdone, clownish, HDR images that you sometimes see on web sites. You might tell us a bit about how you took this one.

HTH.

WesternGuy

I think 1 could have been a great scene from a different vantage point and I'm not a fan of the processing. Something just seems off with it.

I like 2 and the different layers but I agree that it could benefit from some more post.

Number 3 I get but am not much of a fan of the processing. There is really nothing "interesting" about it either. Could maybe use a different crop or composition.

Number 4 is a cool shot but I feel like I've seen it many times. I'm also not a fan of the placement of the tree silhouette. That said I wish I was at a place where I could see a sky like that.

Number 5 is my favorite of the bunch by far. I sense you enjoyed this shot the most. I feel it's the most interesting image but I agree the processing could use a redo. It's got a lot of potential and I think if you toned it down a bit you'd have a really nice one.

For the record I am a beginner myself so take what I say with a grain of salt. You did good overall though. Might just need some practice in post processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back