What's new

Some landscapes

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
5,882
Reaction score
44
Location
End of the line
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of my recent landscape photos.

#1: Alone Together
4516644482_7063526fae_o.jpg


#2: Nissaquogue Rocks
4517880147_7651bcc8a6_o.jpg


#3: Nissaquogue Dock
4523578211_f499022cc9_o.jpg


#4: Lake Bench Flood
4505198719_b6b5408868_o.jpg


c&c always appreciated :)
 
I really like the 1st and 2nd images. I'm curious as to your post processing on the 2nd image. What did you do to get that effect?

Steve
 
I really like the 1st and 2nd images. I'm curious as to your post processing on the 2nd image. What did you do to get that effect?

Steve

HDR it looks like
 
I really like the 1st and 2nd images. I'm curious as to your post processing on the 2nd image. What did you do to get that effect?

Steve


Thank you Steve. The second image is HDR and had a bit of an Orton Effect added to it.
 
I am drawn to HDR, so I like #2. But I really like #3
 
Cuatro para mí ... erm, I might be the only one, but I like four, as flooded meadows is something we get here often in spring, so that's a sight I'm used to (and like), and I love that sprinkling of early spring green on that willow (who often are the first to sport the new green), and I like the overall composition .... only does it look a tad oversharpened.
 
I am drawn to HDR, so I like #2. But I really like #3

Thank you :)

Micah said:

Draw Four.

LaFoto said:
Cuatro para mí ... erm, I might be the only one, but I like four, as flooded meadows is something we get here often in spring, so that's a sight I'm used to (and like), and I love that sprinkling of early spring green on that willow (who often are the first to sport the new green), and I like the overall composition .... only does it look a tad oversharpened.

I think you're right. The more I look at that photo, the less happy I am with it. I have others that, after a while, strike me better. Thank you for the kind words, LaFoto :)
 
I'd be tempted to say play around with the framing of shot 1 - I really like the interaction you have here between the swan and the person, but I feel that you need a little less dead space in the shot just to help bring that interaction out of it .
 
^^ i agree with overread, i think that the idea is sweet on number one, but there is alot of deadspace, especially in the foreground.

I also really like the hdr on number two, it kind of glows.

Nice job.
 
Excellent shots. I love the subject in #1, maybe taking it horizontally would have been better?

Great shots.
 
I'd be tempted to say play around with the framing of shot 1 - I really like the interaction you have here between the swan and the person, but I feel that you need a little less dead space in the shot just to help bring that interaction out of it .

I have to admit I feel the same. I like it a lot but something strikes me as being off, but I can't place it. Maybe it's the deadspace, or orientation as Fedaykin suggests.

D-B-J said:
^^ i agree with overread, i think that the idea is sweet on number one, but there is alot of deadspace, especially in the foreground.
I also really like the hdr on number two, it kind of glows.
Nice job.

Yes, I agree with him also I think. Will definitely have to play around with it some and see. thanks for the kind words :)

Fedaykin said:
Excellent shots. I love the subject in #1, maybe taking it horizontally would have been better?

Great shots.

You may be right but I would have to crop a lot. I will play around and see what I can do. Thanks :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom