so.. here they are

let me know what you think

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

I love the first one. Very well done! The second one is interesting, but I find the body in the way is a bit distracting. The 3rd is a great shot was well, man I love long exposure shots! The one in the car is interesting, but I find it a bit distracting that the car is unfocused and blurry, if you take the picture out the window, it would turn out a little better. The creek is a nice shot, very interesting angle, I am not sure if I like it or not. I didn't right away and I have gone back to it a few times and my eye is starting to enjoy it more each time I revisit it. And the last is nice, how long was the shutter open? Seems like a bit of fun there holding the kiss ;)

the 3rd one was difficult to do cause i had the tripod between my feet and i set up really quickly
and for the last one.. the shutter was opened for 20seconds
this one took multiple attempts.. haha

The car shot is perfect as is. It adds a sense of perspective and direction that would be lacking if you just cut around the window.

love the third, just find the background a bit disctracting. a total black bg would be better imho.
the idea behind the last one is great as well, just think it could be executed better. little bit brighter, longer shadows, just thinking out loud here ...

i don't understand # 5. i can't tell whats going on.

the first is great. and the others are to.. good job!

on number five the water was rippling a bit and i wanted to see what that looked like w/ a long exposur

and thank you

love the third, just find the background a bit disctracting. a total black bg would be better imho.
the idea behind the last one is great as well, just think it could be executed better. little bit brighter, longer shadows, just thinking out loud here ...

yeah, i know what you mean
it was just difficult finding a flat surface for our shadows and a flat surface that was wide enough for the tripod to stand on

thank you

Hey, these are amaaaazing! Congrats! Let me ask you though, how did you achieve that effect in the first and second pictures? I mean, what material is that which you are using? I know it emits light but my ignorance is in fact ignorant...any enlightment is surely appreciated. :lol:

I really like the car one.. I think its the colors that i like the most.

Hey, these are amaaaazing! Congrats! Let me ask you though, how did you achieve that effect in the first and second pictures? I mean, what material is that which you are using? I know it emits light but my ignorance is in fact ignorant...any enlightment is surely appreciated. :lol:

thank you..
we were using sparklers
we bought them at the beach, but it was so windy that we couldnt get the lighter to stay lit
and i had spelled my name w/ my cell phone light before and it looked cool
so i thought it would look much cooler w/ some sparklers

I really like the car one.. I think its the colors that i like the most.

thanks and the colors definitely make the picture

These are long exposure sure, but what settings did you use in say, number one?

Im going to have to go against the grain here. I think all of these shots are first of all too soft. second the white balance is a bit warm for me and third all look to be spur of the moment snapshots. Long exposure is a great thing but simply realizing you can write your name with a pen light/sparkler etc does not mean its an interesting shot. I think when you look back at these shots in a year or two you will feel these are nothing special.

Anyone can open their shutter for 30 seconds its a matter of creating a well composed interesting shot, the only one I feel has any bit of thought in it is the last one, but again i really believe you can find a better way to shoot this idea.

Most reactions

Back