Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Please let me know what you think of these.
The first one is the original, the second is straightened. Let me know what you think.
Puddleaftertherains2-Golan.jpg

2. Straightened

Puddleaftertherains2-straightened-Golan.jpg

3. B & W.
ViewingtheMountainsGolan.jpg

4. Snow capped mountains in the FAAAAR distance.
Snowonthemountains-Golan.jpg

#2 doesn't look sharp to me and seems to have some odd color cast.
#3 looks like the guy's out in the field...um...relieving himself

#4 I like this one. It seems to be hazy though.

#2 doesn't look sharp to me and seems to have some odd color cast.
#3 looks like the guy's out in the field...um...relieving himself

#4 I like this one. It seems to be hazy though.
Hi Lyonsroar,

Forgetting the colour cast etc of #2, which looks better as far as composition, #1 or #2?
I almost popped a blood vessel laughing at your comment on #3, thanks, I needed the laugh.
#4 is a bit hazy because of the weather (I think), as there was quite a bit of mist, + the mountains were photographed at the extreme end of my 55mm - 250mm lens.

I would venture to say that #2 is better just because it's straightened. Composition doesn't really matter if your pictures tilted to hell, UNLESS you were going for that look, but somehow I don't think you were.

I would venture to say that #2 is better just because it's straightened. Composition doesn't really matter if your pictures tilted to hell, UNLESS you were going for that look, but somehow I don't think you were.
Nope, not what I was going for, it's amazing how adult beverages skew your inner compass;)

If so, the photo doesn't speak to me at all, what do you see in it?
Well, I see color contrast and simplicity. The original photo looks terribly busy to me. May I ask why you prefer the original to the cropped version?

If so, the photo doesn't speak to me at all, what do you see in it?
Well, I see color contrast and simplicity. The original photo looks terribly busy to me. May I ask why you prefer the original to the cropped version?
I see the contrast and simplicity you mention, but it then appears too blurred and well, simple.
In the straightened version, I see the colors and different mediums in the photo, capturing the "Day after the storm" feel that I saw in the puddle. We've had a drought here for over 7 years, and I was only too happy to have the storm, and then still see the water pooled a day later, slowly seeping into the ground.

I prefer the cropped version

Sorry White and enzodm, but I'm not sure what you are saying. Should I crop to that level? If so, the photo doesn't speak to me at all, what do you see in it? If not, please explain.

Thanks.

Between the first two I prefer the straightened one, however it still has something strange in the horizon and in reflex direction, which, for me, is disturbing (seems taken with a fisheye). White' version is simpler, and captures some texture on the water that is less apparent in the complete image. However, they are two different images, the latter more abstract, like a modern paint.

Most reactions

Back