some more pictures at work

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. It's hard to convey the magnitude of what we do. Some days we light hundreds of piles (it is to remove waste wood from logging to reduce the fire risk in the summer). Anyways, that's what I was trying to capture here with the burning horizon.

Burning by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

These next two are with my Tokina 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I am amazed at how sharp this lens is, even wide open as in #2 below.

2. That's my dog. Fortunately she didn't try licking me in the face today. She found some gross deer or moose parts later on, and was quite proud of herself.

Maya loves gross things by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

3. I've done very few portrait shots but when I saw little dog all tucked up inside my co-workers jacket I couldn't resist. (natural light only on a cloudy snowy day)

Voltron keeping warm by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

#2 is awesome! Is that a bear skull? I don't think moose or deer have teeth like that.

Shows how much time you spend in the woods. Both deer and moose have very sharp fangs.

Nice set. Cool job you have. I'd say bear skull going by the shape.

We figured it was a bear skull while we were out there, but when we got back home we showed the pics to the boss. He's a hunter and very knowledgeable about that sort of thing and he said it definitely isn't a bear skull and looked canine. Maybe a wolf's skull? Comparing the teeth with those of my dog (she is part wolf), they look almost identical. Not sure we would have let her play with the bones of her own kind if we had known. She didn't seem to mind though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back