Some New Nature Shots

fatsheep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 12 nature shots I've taken over the past two weeks or so (my first two weeks of photography). Tell me which ones you like best or worst and why. Advice, comments, and criticism are all welcome and appreciated. :)

1. 00057-vi.jpg

2. 00026-vi.jpg

3. 34-vi.jpg

4. 00028-vi.jpg

5. 00097-vi.jpg

6. 00061-vi.jpg

7. 00064-vi.jpg

8. 00022a-vi.jpg

9. 00146-vi.jpg

10. 114-vi.jpg

11. 00049-vi.jpg

12. 00054-vi.jpg

I like 11 the best, nice shot!

The processing is cool, but you really need to read up on composition.

I think I like Photo 5 best of all because of its angle, it is different. I think, however, that if I had planned that photo, I would have tried not to get the least bit of sky into my frame...

Photo 10 shows an interesting tree against a brilliantly blue sky, but the trunk is very centred, it may have been more interesting to look at if you had shifted the camera a little to the right so the trunk would have be more on the left and the "outstretched arm branches" which point right would have got more room to reach out and into your frame. See what I mean?

The processing is cool, but you really need to read up on composition.

No processing was used in any of the pics. However, I do agree with you that I have lots to learn about composition. Could you recommend any websites or books to check out?

I think I like Photo 5 best of all because of its angle, it is different. I think, however, that if I had planned that photo, I would have tried not to get the least bit of sky into my frame...

Photo 10 shows an interesting tree against a brilliantly blue sky, but the trunk is very centred, it may have been more interesting to look at if you had shifted the camera a little to the right so the trunk would have be more on the left and the "outstretched arm branches" which point right would have got more room to reach out and into your frame. See what I mean?

I'm not sure what you mean about "have got more room to reach out and into your frame" but the shot probably could be improved by by putting the tree off center. I will agree with that. I guess I'm in a bad habit of centering the subject...

Well, you can now still work on that photo and crop it differently. But if you had moved your camera over a little while taking the photo (well, shortly before, of course), more of those branches that show on the right could have got into the frame (they are cropped by the frame, so there was, in fact, more there, and that could have been included). That's what I mean.

Well, you can now still work on that photo and crop it differently. But if you had moved your camera over a little while taking the photo (well, shortly before, of course), more of those branches that show on the right could have got into the frame (they are cropped by the frame, so there was, in fact, more there, and that could have been included). That's what I mean.

OK, I understand what you're saying better now. That tree is also within walking distance so next time I go down there, I'll try doing that.

Most reactions

Back