What's new

Some new ones ffrom the newbie!!

wesnile1224

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C welcomed!

5534012314_5465d2fe9c.jpg


5533429295_38f466f67f.jpg
 
Both suffer from Subject Identity Crisis.

What is the subject.... the impending burial in the background, or the floral arrangement in the foreground?
 
It looks like someone is about to check in.
 
Most empty graveyard I've ever seen! A graveyard with no gravestones? Sheesh! I'll book my funeral far away from here - I need a big stone mausoleum, with mementi mori and creepy cherubs all over it!

Seriously though, the photos don't show me anything - I don't actually know what the photos are of. Are they landscapes, or were you trying to capture the flowers by the grave? Either way, the hole in the ground in the background with the cover sheet is neither elegant nor thought provoking.
 
Forkie.... there's gravestones all over. They're just flat & even with the ground.

Many cemeteries do that to make mowing the grass easier.
 
I agree with Sparky, you're showing us too much. What is it you want us to see? Cut out the rest.
 
Well, about these photos I can't do anything but cheer with the crowd. "Subject Identity Crisis" made me grin: what a good, short, to-the-point description of what we have here! :D
There's too much there (and that is even distorted in the upper lefthand corner of the first, which I don't like at all - well, it looks like wide-angle distortion to me... maybe I'm wrong): the grave in front with the flowers and then - gasp! - a newly digged grave waiting for the funeral party to come in the background. Zoom in on what you want to be your subject and fill the frame with it. And watch for your backgrounds!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom