Some Newbie Pics C&C

subhadeepgayen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI,

Few weeks ago i bought my first and only DSLR nikon d5100 (with 18-55mm kit lens), previously i haven't used any other cameras (except for film point and shoot in few occasions and my mobile cam) so my knowledge in photography is very very low, so i'd like some help and details on how i can improve.

What are you thinking? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Floating Clouds | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

above are 2 of my photos recently shot and post processed in lightroom.

Also i world like to know if Tamron 70-300mm is a good lens or should i buy Nikkor 70-300? Thanks for all the help.

They are reasonably composed and exposed for what they are which is personal pictures made by someone just getting into photography.
I suggest dialing back on the vignette; it is there just to keep eyes from wandering off the light edge and thus shouldn't be obvious but only barely discernible.

Take and post more pictures.

Lew

They are reasonably composed and exposed for what they are which is personal pictures made by someone just getting into photography.
I suggest dialing back on the vignette; it is there just to keep eyes from wandering off the light edge and thus shouldn't be obvious but only barely discernible.

Take and post more pictures.

Lew

I have made some changes to the pic taking in mind your suggestions also i tweaked with the level curve a little bit.

Without Vignette

004-1-2.jpg

With Lowered Vignette

004-1.jpg

Which one do you find to be better? Also thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks,
S.G

Last edited:
S.G.

There is not enough difference between them to warrant an opinion.
You are in the most interesting aprt of teh world for photographers; why not use your camera on your surroundings?

Lew

S.G.
There is not enough difference between them to warrant an opinion.
You are in the most interesting aprt of teh world for photographers; why not use your camera on your surroundings?
Lew

I will start street photography from next month, this month i'm busy with my college xam and i'll surely post some results here :)

Most reactions

Back