Some newborn pics for CC

kass617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These weren't really planned out, but I thought they came out pretty good...any comments are welcome:

Lia_pp_03.jpg

Lia_pp_02.jpg

Lia_pp_01.jpg

Thanks

I love them - the color is soft which is nice for the mood. Lighting is nice, especially given that they appear to be in the hospital, which normally have hideous lighting. Baby's eyes are sharp - great capture on 3...I know it's hard to catch them alert like that. On #1 I don't normally love up-the-nose shots but I can totally overlook that with that lovely little mouth.

Are congratulation in order?

I love them - the color is soft which is nice for the mood. Lighting is nice, especially given that they appear to be in the hospital, which normally have hideous lighting. Baby's eyes are sharp - great capture on 3...I know it's hard to catch them alert like that. On #1 I don't normally love up-the-nose shots but I can totally overlook that with that lovely little mouth.

Are congratulation in order?

Yep, she's mine!! The first one is from the hospital, the other 2 are at home. These are the 3 (out of about 700, lol) That I think I want to use for the Birth announcements.

Congratulation, then! The scale threw me off on the setting. Good job on the baby and the shots.

ETA - I just enbiggened #3 and per Lipoly, it does look like the hair is sharp as a tack but the eyes are not *quite* there. I might give them a leeetle sharpening, but they don't need much. The fact that you got open eyes at all is quite a feat.

Last edited:
Congrats!

I like 1 & 2, but 3 looks a tad soft...like focus was missed or had a bit of camera shake...background could be improved also.

Congrats!

I like 1 & 2, but 3 looks a tad soft...like focus was missed or had a bit of camera shake...background could be improved also.

mmm most likely camera shake... these are all handheld.

Congratulation, then! The scale threw me off on the setting. Good job on the baby and the shots.

ETA - I just enbiggened #3 and per Lipoly, it does look like the hair is sharp as a tack but the eyes are not *quite* there. I might give them a leeetle sharpening, but they don't need much. The fact that you got open eyes at all is quite a feat.

I did very minor pp with camera raw... how would I just sharpen her eyes? with Photoshop? I have access to cs5, although I am still using PS7 at home.

BTW These were shot with a d90 and a 50mm f1.4.

Thanks, yeah the d90 is great....oh you meant the baby? Yeah she's cool too!

Thanks, yeah the d90 is great....oh you meant the baby? Yeah she's cool too!

LOL... congrats on both!

I like the first one the most, but I think it could use a little post processing to make it pop even more.

Most reactions

Back