Some of my best pictures what do you think of them?

ScubaBrett22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some of my best pictures to me and i would like your opinion on them!! I am using a FujiFilm FinePix S2700 HD.

Yes they all have copyright logos on them cause i have them on Photobucket and to me they are my best so i just don't want people to use them... and say they took it and not mention me..

#1.
DSCF1424-1.jpg

#2.
DSCF1340.jpg

#3.
DSCF1337-1.jpg

#4.
DSCF1425-1.jpg

#5.
DSCF1335.jpg

#6.
DSCF1208.jpg

#7.
DSCF1074.jpg

C&C per req:

I think they're nice enough, however none of them, save the last one have especially interesting subjects IMO. You have a lot of minor exposure issues caused by working in direct or dappled light. Consider shooting more toward the golden hours (shortly after sunrise/early morning and shortly before sunset/later afternoon-evening).

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

I think they're nice enough, however none of them, save the last one have especially interesting subjects IMO. You have a lot of minor exposure issues caused by working in direct or dappled light. Consider shooting more toward the golden hours (shortly after sunrise/early morning and shortly before sunset/later afternoon-evening).

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Well i enjoy hearing everyones $0.02 unless its nasty and yea i usually shot around sunset and sunrise not a fan of afternoon shots and i am usually in school or sleeping lol.

#1 is under exposed. Typical centered flower shot.

#2 is boring because the subject is centered. The subject stands out enough you could move it to one side or the other, and it would provide more interest. As it is now it definately divides the picture in half.

#3 The black thing doesn't add to this image. The sunject is, for all intents and purposes, centered. Crop it up from the bottom. Then the turtles are directing our gaze up to the Koi.

#4 has weak composition. I can't think of a better crop for this, mainly because the turtle points us out of the frame to the left. Moving it over to the left would only accentuate that. Trying to crop off the right loses the interesting rock and grass.

#5 What's the subject? The gravel or the centered pillar. Too much gravel.

#6 Holy cow, it's a house!

#7 Centered horizon. This can work in specific cases, but not here, really. Either crop up or down depending on what you find more interesting, the sky, or the reflection.

Read up on composition to take your photos from "meh" to "neat".

P.S. if anyone was interested in stealing these images and calling them their own, your watermark is easily removed. Just so you know.

Compositionally, the photos as a group have little tension and drama, mostly because the main subject matter is centered in the image frame.

People are more willing to give specific and more extensive critique when only one or two images are posted.

A couple could have used fill lighting - #1, #6 and #7.

Check out some of the guidelines for visual image composition, like the Rule of Thirds, color complimentarity and leading lines. Shape and form also play a role in composition.

The Photographers Eye by Michael Freeman covers many aspects of effective visual image composition and is a valuable reference resource.

I would also recommend Bryan Peterson's inexpensive book: Learning To See Creatively.

Your copyright statement is invalid according to the requirements of the US Copyright Office: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.pdf (in particular, see page 3 - and the definition of Publication, and page 4 - Notice Of Copyright)

Note: Copyright is federal law. If you have not registered your copyrights with the US Copyright office, you cannot file an infringement action in US Federal Court, the only place in the US where copyright infringement actions are adjudicated.

As mentioned, it is quite easy to remove or clone a copyright statement added to an image making it an ineffective deterent to image theft.
Less well know is that a copyright statement can be added to an image's metadata, in both the EXIF portion of the metadata and the IPTC portion of the metadata.

I did 2 edits. In the first I cropped just enough off the top of the photo to remove your copyright statement. I then did a little dodge and burn and adjusted the mid-tone contrast.
In the second edit, I cloned over your copyright statement, and added a stealthier one in the lower right corner.

DSCF1424-1.jpg

DSCF1424-1copy.jpg

#1 is under exposed. Typical centered flower shot.

#2 is boring because the subject is centered. The subject stands out enough you could move it to one side or the other, and it would provide more interest. As it is now it definately divides the picture in half.

#3 The black thing doesn't add to this image. The sunject is, for all intents and purposes, centered. Crop it up from the bottom. Then the turtles are directing our gaze up to the Koi.

#4 has weak composition. I can't think of a better crop for this, mainly because the turtle points us out of the frame to the left. Moving it over to the left would only accentuate that. Trying to crop off the right loses the interesting rock and grass.

#5 What's the subject? The gravel or the centered pillar. Too much gravel.

#6 Holy cow, it's a house!

#7 Centered horizon. This can work in specific cases, but not here, really. Either crop up or down depending on what you find more interesting, the sky, or the reflection.

Read up on composition to take your photos from "meh" to "neat".

P.S. if anyone was interested in stealing these images and calling them their own, your watermark is easily removed. Just so you know.

Thanks and i know i can remove a watermark with no problem...

And thanks for the tips and #6 is my home lmaoo

#5 is a zen garden so you kinda wanna get the lines in the gravel

I don't know if this is any better but this is what I would have done with this one. I played around with hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast, plus the crop.

You are on the right track, I think you should play around with your photos and see what you can come up with, triggering the shutter is only part of the fun.

DSCF1335edit2.jpg

I don't know if this is any better but this is what I would have done with this one. I played around with hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast, plus the crop.

You are on the right track, I think you should play around with your photos and see what you can come up with, triggering the shutter is only part of the fun.

DSCF1335edit2.jpg

Thanks

my suggestion - follow the rule of thirds more closely.

All right i will

Most reactions

Back