Some of my first wedding shots. C&C please

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So last weekend I was asked to shoot a wedding last minute. After giving them the whole "I'm not a pro" talk, I agreed. Here are some of the results. Let me have it. lol
Thanks

s2.jpg

S1.jpg

s4.jpg

s3.jpg

I really like #2 and the last 2 need a white balance adjustment but otherwise not bad.

I kinda like the warm feeling in 3 and 4. I'll try to fix the wb in lightroom. I shot these in jpeg so I don't have much room.

Three and four are underexposed and the white balance is off. i know that you said that you kind of like them but these need work. I would turn all of these black and white.

Ok thanks, I'm still playing around with these. I'll try and fix the white balance. any other comments?

Ditto to what's been said about the exposure and white balance in 3 & 4.

I like #2.

I'm sorry, but #1 is not flattering to the bride at all.

Next time shoot in both raw and jpeg. The jpegs will save you some time when they come out good while the raw gives you some wiggle room when the shots are not optimal.

Very good. I'm sure they're delighted to have good shots like that on such short notice.

I don't feel like wedding pix need to be super artsy to be good. In fact, I think that ruins them, dates them according to the style of the day.

In my extreme noob opinion the angles in 1-2 are not flattering to her face/neck area (no offense to anyone).

In my extreme noob opinion the angles in 1-2 are not flattering to her face/neck area (no offense to anyone).
Not to sound mean but the bride has very bad, unattractive double chin/skin hanging down. There is nothing wrong with the portrait neccessarily, I think it would be very difficult get a very "flattering" facial portrait unless she tightly framed like in #2. And I'm thinking a bride is going to want a facial portrait. Maybe I'm wrong.

Most reactions

Back