Some of my latest work - Stacie Jensen

These are outtakes to a session. I am a lifestyle photographer. The series was all about high school seniors getting beautiful for their shoot. She isn't posing as it is lifestyle, she is fixing her shoe. Just the beautiful look into how a giddy girl gets ready.

I am shocked at the negativity added to the comments. Not sure the group is for me. Art should not be criticized but rather appreciated. I teach photographers all the time, and I teach them to follow the art they desire and not what others are doing. I posted not for CC, but to showcase my style. I didn't much need approval.

Thank you for the warm welcome Tee! I appreciate that :)

I didn't see any negativity at all, simply opinions expressed...none of which were really in a negative manner. If what has been posted thus far hurts your feelings...then yeah...maybe you should refrain from posting on a real forum and stick to facebook for accolades.

Putting up there that you "teach" doesn't help much....telling one to follow their artistic desire is moot if the foundations and basics are not understood. Hopefully that is lesson 1 in your "teaching".

This is not negative...this is my expressing my opinion truthfully. There are no "right" and "wrong" in opinions.

Well we certainly teach foundation and basics ... quite necessary for learning manual and business skills. I am talking "style", not foundation or basics. You don't see it as a negative thing to tell someone that you don't like their work? I would think that if it isn't your style you could still appreciate the art. I appreciate tons of things even though they aren't the same way I capture it. If we would all shoot it the same then it wouldn't be original, hence the reason for shooting manual, to create your version of the story!

StacieJensen said:
I am shocked at the negativity added to the comments. Not sure the group is for me. Art should not be criticized but rather appreciated. I teach photographers all the time, and I teach them to follow the art they desire and not what others are doing. I posted not for CC, but to showcase my style. I didn't much need approval.

Posting in the professional gallery leaves one open to extra criticism because of the implication that the photos were paid for.

Don't take it personally. Or do, I am not your boss.

BTW, I was coming on to introduce myself to the group, say hi and give a little portfolio. Thanks for the welcome everyone that said it :) Can't wait to visit your work and chat.

StacieJensen said:
BTW, I was coming on to introduce myself to the group, say hi and give a little portfolio. Thanks for the welcome everyone that said it :) Can't wait to visit your work and chat.

That's how it starts. A person gives you a negative crit, then you give that person a negative crit back.

It's a never ending cycle of hate and discontent.

You don't see it as a negative thing to tell someone that you don't like their work?

Nope. Not at all. In fact, I said yours were good for that style. Just because I don't like it doesn't make it a bad thing. I never said they were bad. Put your defenses back in the closet.

If someone says they don't like my work, which they have...on here. I simply say thanks for your input, or don't respond at all. I don't expect everyone to like it, and frankly...don't care.

StacieJensen said:

That's how it starts. A person gives you a negative crit, then you give that person a negative crit back.

It's a never ending cycle of hate and discontent.

Runnah, I think you misunderstood me, I was being honest. I was thanking those that sent me welcomes from the post and that I couldn't wait to visit and chat. Wasn't negative.

StacieJensen said:
Runnah, I think you misunderstood me, I was being honest. I was thanking those that sent me welcomes from the post and that I couldn't wait to visit and chat. Wasn't negative.

See there you go, attacking me after all I wanted to do was help!! :)

Well we certainly teach foundation and basics ... quite necessary for learning manual and business skills. I am talking "style", not foundation or basics. You don't see it as a negative thing to tell someone that you don't like their work? I would think that if it isn't your style you could still appreciate the art. I appreciate tons of things even though they aren't the same way I capture it. If we would all shoot it the same then it wouldn't be original, hence the reason for shooting manual, to create your version of the story!

When I first started posting on this site there were many members who didn't really like my hazy edits, BUT they still had tons of great critique to share with me regarding my work.
Yes, sometimes it does sting a little, but I do learn from everyones input even if I don't agree 100% of the time.

Most reactions

Back