Some of my Nature and Wildlife Shots

mdsphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for looking and welcome any and C&C.

Mark

Acadia.jpg
Foggy Sunrise.jpeg

IMG_0040-01-01.jpeg

Noticeable in these shots and others, you should consider adding "level the horizon" to your landscape work flow.

I am not so crazy about the post processing ... focus effect on the first one and the artifacts in the last.

If you post more than 1 or 2 images, I would suggest you number them and maybe provide some location information. Numbering makes it easier for a reviewer to refer to a photograph by number and saves "flipping back and forth" to ensure they are commenting on the right image. Location information is always a nice to have as I like to know where the image was shot, and maybe others do to.

WesternGuy

If you post more than 1 or 2 images, I would suggest you number them and maybe provide some location information. Numbering makes it easier for a reviewer to refer to a photograph by number and saves "flipping back and forth" to ensure they are commenting on the right image. Location information is always a nice to have as I like to know where the image was shot, and maybe others do to.

WesternGuy

WG

A good point and my apologies. From top to bottom they are:

1. Along the shoreline at Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine this past October.
2. Nassau Sound, Jacksonville, Florida
3. Kingsley Plantation, Jacksonville, Florida

WesternGuy

WG

A good point and my apologies. From top to bottom they are:

1. Along the shoreline at Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine this past October.
2. Nassau Sound, Jacksonville, Florida
3. Kingsley Plantation, Jacksonville, Florida
No problem. Thanks for the details. This type of information is always nice to have for an image, at least for me. When you can put an image on a map, so to speak, it just makes the image more interesting and relevant, rather than a picture of some "things" in an unknown area.

WesternGuy

WG,

I will continue to notate as such as I move forward an example is noted in my most recent posting in landscapes.

Mark

Posting the technical specs can be helpful as well, including camera, lens, focal length, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. They help others to give suggestions on technical aspects for your consumption. As to the images, I would agree that the processing is falling short for me. To me, adding so much "stuff" to the processing makes it appear as thought it's compensating for something. Kinda like trying to make candy from salt. It can mask an otherwise nice photo.

On the first one, the blurring you've added makes it hard to find anything in the image that is the subject. Generally the subject should be in focus to draw the eye to it. The composition itself is actually nice, but in my opinion, it's ruined by the processing. Try leveling the horizon and focus on the basics of exposure, shadows, highlights, etc.

The second one just doesn't do anything for me. The bright reflection of the sun keeps drawing my eye right to it and I can't seem to let my eye move to anything else. Keep in mind that the eye is naturally drawn to highlights, so if you have a bright spot in the image, it will pull focus from other areas of the image. If the bright spot weren't there, I think this could have been a nice image with the shoreline gradually fading into the fog.

The third one also is falling short for me because of the processing. Are you using filter presets of some kind? What program are you editing in? I think if you leveled the horizon and did a more simple edit, it could be a nice image.

Keep at it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back