Some of my photos

Danny159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is some of my photos... Let me know what you think about them..

Here goes...

Comment if you wish...

Danny

Well I really like the pink flower with the fly on it, but I think I would like it more if it was the bee on the flower with that angle and the bee facing the same way the fly is. I really like the picture but find it really hard to "really" like it because it's a fly haha

Well done.

-TAG

Well I really like the pink flower with the fly on it, but I think I would like it more if it was the bee on the flower with that angle and the bee facing the same way the fly is. I really like the picture but find it really hard to "really" like it because it's a fly haha

Well done.

-TAG

Thanks,

Next sunny day I will go out and take some more and try to get the bee looking at me =)

But thanks for commenting
Danny :heart:

Honestly? The images didn't excite me too much- subjects weren't interesting, overall... keep in mind I'm generally bored silly by flower pictures. May just be me.

That being said, I didn't care for the composition much- cropped off more than I would have expected in some, kind of overly centered composition in many. (look up the Rule of Thirds... it may give you some ideas)

The depth of field is pretty extreme in many of these as well- throwing petals out of focus a mere inch or less from where you are actually in focus. That seems kind of a shame, and generally isn't the norm for pictures like this.

What the heck is with the "do fish get thirsty" thing?

Good shots, but you need to work on cropping and composition. Also, some of these shots look rather unsaturated. Bump the saturation levels a bit.

Brendan

Thanks for your comments... Well those who are saying to crop feel free to crop them....

Danny :heart:

Nice macros, all. The two that caught my attention: #2 brings out nature's precision craftsmanship. The soft-n-furry bee in #4 blends nicely with the flower's hairy petals.

john

Well those who are saying to crop feel free to crop them....

I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure they are saying you have cropped TOO much.

Oh thats where it confused me... Because I havent even croped them...

Oh thats where it confused me... Because I havent even croped them...

You can "crop" with your lens or crop with a graphics tool- the end result is the same, except in the first case you have more megapixels. If someone says they think you cropped too much, and you didn't do it in a tool, then next time consider allowing more of the scene to be visible through the lens when you take the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back