Some of my stuff - Need advice/critisism

Yownhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just trying to post on this for my photos to get pounded by some photography "junkies". and also to see if my method of posting pictures works in this forum.

I just got a Sony Alpha230 in August of '09 with no practice, training, or knowledge on the basics of photography but I'm learning A LOT on this forum. Let me know what you think.
ShoopSunset.jpg

Trees.jpg

Waterdropshoop.jpg

Camaro.jpg

HuntingHills.jpg

Kristinsflower.jpg

I am just trying to post on this for my photos to get pounded by some photography "junkies". and also to see if my method of posting pictures works in this forum.

*Note that these ARE photoshopped only for color enhancing and I really only used the selective feature and some levels

#1 and #3 knock my socks off!
#2 has an eerie look in the water.

The flowers are honestly are a bit oversaturated. But that is only my opinion.

1 & 3 look good...:thumbup:
5 & 6 look over processed.

#3 - awesome - the best of the lot
#6 - definitely oversaturated

4 was a cool idea but it could have used a but more dof the last few letters are out of focus

nice. i agree with the above statements, love #3. moar pix of camarooo

After seeing number 5, I'm thinking you should try some HDR stuff.. the color you wanted to bring out would mash in great with that type of work..
I don't have any experience there, so maybe I'm wrong, but after what I've seen it appears they love the bright, vibrant colors and exaggerated landscapes ! Personally like it myself.

One critique, I think maybe, just maybe, that you were looking heavily at the sky in 5 and neglected the color of the light grass when tuning colors to your liking.. That's most likely what's drawing the 'overdone' comments..

Good work! :thumbup:

After seeing number 5, I'm thinking you should try some HDR stuff.. the color you wanted to bring out would mash in great with that type of work..
I don't have any experience there, so maybe I'm wrong, but after what I've seen it appears they love the bright, vibrant colors and exaggerated landscapes ! Personally like it myself

I was researching HDR last night and I am currently figuring out how to do it on photoshop CS3.. Too bad I don't have another copy of that picture with different exposure times :irked:

nice. i agree with the above statements, love #3. moar pix of camarooo

Z28.jpg

upon request :)
-I just threw this together on photoshop to try and focus your eyes on the subject and not the clutter. This is nowhere close to a good photo!

Love the colors in #1!

Personally, I like the effect that you were going for in number five, although I do agree that it is a bit over saturated. Photographically speaking, this picture is not that great (and by this I mean the colors not the subject matter. That field is simply gorgeous). HOWEVER, when I saw this picture, I immediately thought that it would look nice as a desktop wallpaper ahaha.

Oooh that Camaro looks real nice do you have a picture of the entire car?

We have 6 collectors. 5 - 1st gen. and this 1 - 2nd gen. I don't have pictures of all of them because I just got my camera not too long ago and they are all in storage. At any rate, enjoy these and let me know what you guys think.

Sorry if I'm just flooding this thread with these pictures

Z28.jpg

Thanksgiving037.jpg

Thanksgiving036.jpg

Thanksgiving034.jpg

Thanksgiving029.jpg

Thanksgiving011.jpg

Thanksgiving007.jpg

Thanksgiving010.jpg

Most reactions

Back