Some of my work.

zx6r1033

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been taking pictures for quite a while now, but I've never actually had any friends who were into photography, so there was no one I could ever show them to and get any kind of comments.

I've been taking pictures as a hobby for a few years now. Nearly all of these pictures were taken with a Nikon Coolpix 4600 point and shoot. I'll try to give a brief comment or two on each of the pictures just to give a bit of background. Like all pictures, most of them actually have a bit of a story behind them.

Any kind of comments or criticism is greatly appreciated... and my feelings aren't easily hurt. Also... if anyone actually wants any of these pics, feel free to take them and use them however you feel the need. Most are 2288 x 1712 originally, so if you want a bigger version, let me know and I can upload and post a link.

Also... none of these pictures have been touched. They are all the original color.

here goes...

This one is just one of those random pictures that turned out (in my opinion) pretty cool. It was taken while laying on my couch during a storm.
01.JPG

There actually isn't much of a story to this. Another random picture that looked nice.
02.JPG

This picture was one of my first attempts at silhouettes. I've been getting more and more into this typing of shooting lately.
03.JPG

Purely accidental shot. I took this from the passenger seat of a car on the interstate one afternoon while trying to figure out just how fast the shutter priority mode was.
04.jpg

Another silhouette.
05.jpg

Foggy field on a full moon night. I wanted to see just how dark it could get before the pictures were no good. This one turned out grainy, but as it turns out, the grain actually added a bit of effect to the picture.
06.jpg

Not much of a story behind this picture.
07.jpg

This is the office building I worked in a few years back. I got the idea for this shot one afternoon when I was coming back from my lunch break and looked up just as I was walking under the front of the building.
08.jpg

Maine coast line. This was taken while I was helping deliver staples packages for the company I worked for at the time.
10.jpg

Another silhouette.
11.JPG

This was a shot I actually wanted for a long time, but never found a good place to take it without additional lighting. (and I didn't want to have to go that route.) Black background, lone lit tree. Finally after about 5 years, I stumbled upon this one a couple of towns away from where I live now.
12.JPG

I'm not so good in front of the camera. This was taken using a timer the last time I went back to Vermont with my best friend. I still kind of like it, though. (I am the one on the right.)
13.JPG

This picture was taken from Deer Leap on Killington, VT. on the same trip as the last picture was taken.
14.JPG

This is one of my kitties... completely fascinated by the sound of the zoom on my camera.
15.JPG

This was right after I got my Corrado. I wanted a backdrop for it that was either construction or a vacant parking lot. In a small town, that is hard to find. This was close enough for me. I liked the angle for the car.
09.JPG

These last two were taken using a 1.3mp digital camera, and to be honest, I can't even remember what it was. I only had it for about 1 week before I threw it out.

This is a picture of my bike under one of the bridges in Augusta, Maine.
16.JPG

This picture was taken one afternoon while I was out for a ride with one of my friends.
17.JPG

I'll post up some more after some feedback from these. Thanks for looking!

Some nice looking photos.

As a few of the more qualified memebers will surely say, would be better to number the photos and only post a few of them for now. Too many photos to get some good critique i would say.

My personal favourite was no.5 lovely backgroundd colours contrasting with the oh so dark trees.

Of course, I'm working on several major contracts right now, and giving you feedback si about the worst thing I could do with my time...

PROCRAST!

Ok, too many pics, post them individually or in small groups in the Gallery forums.

I like number 1, the office building, and the solitary tree at night.

The car shot doesn't work, and the motorcycle and the bridge clash in color, but also somewhat in composition. Reworking that shot in black and white might take some of the color clash out, see if the composition will work.

I also like the tree silhouettes, they might make good prints.

Right, back to work.

yeah, too many images at once

i like the coast line and the office building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back