Wouldn't that be Santiago de Chile?
"Thank you, little virgin, for doing me a favour" ... nice!
:thumbup: Thanks, and si! It is Santiago. Such a beautiful, culture-filled, vibrant place (and tragic if you see the slums). I got to go to Valaparaiso and Vina del Mar as well. I wish I had been into photography then, same with when I went on an Alaska cruise a few years back!
To the poster above: I agree, the public shrines to the Virgin Mary are very interesting. It's a very catholic city, so it didn't surprise me THAT much, but the actual presentation and whatnot was very interesting to me. That particular one is on the top of San Cristobal, the highest point in the city, actually a miniature mountain jutting out of the middle of Santiago!
Here are a few from my trip up the mountain that day:
Looking down the funicular path:
There are TONS of stray dogs, this is actually at the top... I wonder how he got there?
Another view of the shrine at the top:
I'm sorry, I totally don't remember the brand/model of my parents' digital point and shoot. All I remember is it is very very cheap and only 3.2 megapixels! I think Chile is just so beautiful on its own that it doesn't matter what camera you use, some of that beauty is going to come out.